Australian Network Utilities Face Rising Regulatory Risk Under Draft Reforms, Says S&P Report Oct 12
- Language: English
- Published: October 2012
- Region: Australia
In Australia, there has been a lot of discussion about the need for infrastructure and the slowness of the federal and state government to create a pipeline for it. In this Credit FAQ, Standard & Poor's Ratings Services discusses some of the reasons behind the governments' decision-making, the state of infrastructure debt markets, and analyzes the possibility of unlocking pension funds to invest in infrastructure. We believe federal and state governments are more focused on fiscal consolidation, particularly in light of weaker revenues at both the federal and state levels. Australia's debt has risen in the aftermath of the global financial crisis, as the government continues to deliver a smaller number of infrastructure projects with reduced revenues. Both the federal...
Standard and Poors RatingsXpress Credit Research provides in-depth coverage of international corporates, financial institutions, insurance companies, utilities, sovereigns and structured finance programs. RatingsXpress Credit Research lets users determine the credit rating of holdings and identify key factors underlying an issuer's creditworthiness, distinguishes the different risk exposures for new and existing deals, and provides an understanding of how their analysts interpret key regulatory, political and environmental events and their economic impact.
Research Type: Commentary
Criteria articles describe the thought process and methodology Standard & Poor's analysts use in determining ratings. These commentary pieces discuss both the quantitative (economic and financial) and qualitative (business analysis and caliber of management) aspects of the analysis, as well as legal issues.
- Australia (Commonwealth of) (Unsolicited Ratings)
- Jemena Ltd.
- Airservices Australia
- United Energy Distribution Pty Ltd.
- AusNet Electricity Services Pty Ltd.
- Powercor Australia LLC
- The CitiPower Trust
- Perth Airport Pty Ltd.
- Australia Pacific Airports Corp. Ltd.
- Envestra Ltd.
- Envestra Victoria Pty Ltd.
- CitiPower I Pty Ltd.
- AusNet Holdings (Partnership) LP
- Brisbane Airport Corp. Pty Ltd.
- Energy Partnership (Gas) Pty Ltd.
- ETSA Utilities Finance Pty Ltd.
- AusNet Transmission Group Pty Ltd.
- Ergon Energy Corp. Ltd.
- Adelaide Airport Ltd.
- ElectraNet Pty Ltd.
- IPM Australia Ltd.
- Australia Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd.
- Powerdirect Australia Pty Ltd.
- Transurban Finance Co. Pty Ltd.
- Southern Cross Airports Corp. Holdings Ltd.
- Snowy Hydro Ltd.
- United Energy Distribution Holdings Pty Ltd.
- DUET Group
- AusNet Services Holdings Pty Ltd.
- EnergyAustralia Pty Ltd.
- EnergyAustralia Holdings Ltd.
- AusNet Services
- AGL Hydro Partnership
- AGL Energy Ltd.
- Ergon Energy Queensland Pty Ltd.
- SGSP (Australia) Assets Pty Ltd.
- Asciano Ltd.
- Aurizon Holdings Ltd.