- Language: English
- 533 Pages
- Published: October 2012
- Region: World
China Sourcing Report: Car Electronics 2012
- Published: August 2012
- Region: China
- 124 Pages
- Global Sources
China's car electronics industry is strengthening its global position, with function integration and value-added specifications as the key factors driving sales. The line is moving upmarket as more manufacturers develop models for the midrange and high-end sectors to buoy profit margins.
With the aftermarket as the primary target, suppliers are releasing devices that adapt to the latest trends in car infotainment, navigation and digital broadcasting.
This report covers the major products of China's car electronics industry, namely car audio, car video and DVD players, car monitors, car safety electronic systems, and car electronic accessories.
What you'll get
- In-depth profiles of 62 verified suppliers with a comprehensive look at their manufacturing and export capability, product and market focus, verified contact details, and more
- 159 full-color images that depict popular car electronics export models, with detailed product descriptions and minimum order requirements
- Verified supplier contact details of exporters, including names, e-mails, telephone numbers and websites
- Supplier information in tabular format to help you compare companies at a glance
- Results of the custom-designed supplier survey, which forecasts industry trends for the next 12 months
- An extensive overview of the industry discussing the main challenges facing suppliers
- An in-depth examination of the supplier base highlighting key characteristics of different types of companies
- Details of the primary production centers
- An update of the latest trends in design, R&D, materials and components
- A review of the key factors that influence the price and quality of low-end, midrange and high-end products
- Comprehensive pricing tables featuring export price ranges
Who should read this report?
- CEOs, Directors, Presidents, Business Owners
- Export/ Import Managers, Sourcing Representatives, Sourcing Engineers, Supply Chain Directors, Procurement Managers, Agents
- Sales Executives & Managers, Marketing Executives & Managers, International Buyers
- Business Consultants, Investment Managers
- Anyone who needs to understand the China & Asia supply market SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Scope & methodology
Main production center of car electronics
PRODUCT OVERVIEW, TYPICAL FEATURES & PRICE GUIDES
Car audio & video
In-dash DVD players
Car monitors & TV mounts
Car security & safety systems
SUPPLIER PROFILES …
Supplier matrix: Comparison of supplier location, sales
revenue & export capability
Profiles of 62 verified suppliers
PRODUCT GALLERY …
Car monitors, video & DVD players
Car electronic accessories
Car security & safety systems
Car electronics suppliers in China are bracing for several challenges to stay on a growth track in the months ahead. Overseas, companies have to contend with demand from the EU and North America remaining weak, although gradually recovering. A number see shipments to the two areas increasing less than 5 percent.
With opportunities in the two major markets constrained by economic uncertainties, many enterprises are looking at alternative destinations to keep revenue on the upswing. South and Central America, the Middle East and Africa are among the targets.
In the endeavor to expand their customer base, maintaining competitive prices without compromising profitability is a key concern. Higher outlay and the appreciation of the yuan are putting pressure on margins, forcing companies to raise quotes and risk their main advantage.
1. Suppliers are shifting their sales mix toward higher-value lines to ease pressure on margins. To support this strategy, many enterprises are boosting allocation for product development, putting aside as much as 30 percent of profits to keep selections up-to-date with the latest technologies.
2. In several categories, R&D efforts are geared toward increasing functionality. A host of infotainment, security and safety solutions are being combined in one system for greater user convenience.
3. Various cost-control measures are also being put in place to keep price adjustments to a minimum. Among these are the automation of more processes and the adoption of the yuan in trade settlement.
4. For an added edge, several manufacturers are boosting market recognition of their products and in-house brands via trade shows. Some are doing so by advertising in different media.
5. A number of enterprises are encouraging purchases by having MOQ as small as 100 units. Shorter lead times and product warranties are also being offered.
6. Export projections for the coming months are generally optimistic. Many companies are anticipating growth of more than 10 percent in overseas revenue.
7. North America and the EU are projected to remain key export destinations. Despite the economic crunch, the market for car electronics in the two areas is still large.
This report covers the major products of China’s car electronics industry, namely audio, video and DVD monitors, security and safety and electronic accessories. each category, details the different types offered, features and price determinants are provided. The latest are discussed well.
The elaborates on issues production and exports. identifies the common strategies manufacturers are employing to boost sales and enhance overall competitiveness.
To reflect the industry structure, the majority of the suppliers featured in this report are local, privately owned enterprises. Nearly 70 percent of the interviewed companies are based in Guangdong province, which is the primary source of car electronics in China.
To produce this report, Global Sources interviewed a wide range of suppliers. Rather than focus simply on high-profile makers, we compiled a representative sample of large, midsize and emerging manufacturers.
All profiled companies are export-oriented professional suppliers that are verified by Global Sources. Each supplier is confirmed to be authentic with a legally registered business. All companies are visited three or more times by Global Sources to ensure they are export-ready and have real offices and products.
The listed contact person has been verified to represent the registered company. In each case, companies were required to answer specific questions designed to verify their manufacturing and export credentials.
All profiled suppliers participated in a survey designed to provide insight into price trends, sales outlook and target markets in the next six to 12 months.
All survey questions are single choice. Results were calculated based on the actual number of valid responses to each question.
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Hard Copy||A printed copy of the report will be shipped to you.|
|1 - 5 Users||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a 1-5 user licence, allowing up to five users have access to the product.|
|1 - 10 Users||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a 1-10 user licence, allowing up to ten users have access to the product.|
|Enterprisewide||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is an enterprise license, allowing all employees within your organisation access to the product.|