- Language: English
- 571 Pages
- Published: October 2011
- Region: Global
Why should mobile brands focus on mobile video?
- Published: January 2013
- Region: Global
- 39 Pages
Mobile video will account for more than half of all mobile internet traffic with 2.5 billion users accessing various video content on their mobile at home, in stores, at the workplace and when with friends. It is vital more than ever now for mobile operators and app developers to understand how youth are using mobile video, what apps they prefer and the effect on voice revenues.
This briefing answers the following questions relevant to youth mobile and video usage:
1. What is the mobile video growth story?
2. Why is mobile video growing faster than other devices?
3. What mobile video services are most popular among youth?
4. How does mobile video affect youth shopping behavior?
5. Are youth replacing voice with video chat?
6. What are youth mobile video chat usage scenarios?
7. What apps are popular among youth for mobile video chat?
2. Licensing and Copyrights
3. In this briefing
4. Executive Summary
5. Executive Summary (Contd.)
6. Executive Summary (Contd.)
7. Section 1. What is the mobile video growth story?
8. Mobile video growth will be driven by increased adoption of streaming video and video chat
9. Mobile video users on 3G/4G connections will triple in the next 4 years
10. Asia and Latin America will boast the highest number of mobile video users in the next four years
11. China is the largest Asian mobile video market but viewers in Indonesia, HK & Vietnam are more active
12. Section 2. Why is mobile video growing faster than other devices?
13. Youth are leading mobile video adoption as adults catch up to online video on PC and Laptop
14. Young students spend more time watching video on mobile than on PC or laptop
15. Short online videos (less than 10 minute long) are driving mobile video viewership among youth
16. Section 3. What mobile video services are most popular among youth?
17. YouTube and VEVO are the most visited websites for mobile video content
18. YouTube accounts for more than a third of global mobile video bandwidth
19. Mobile video streams on VEVO have increased by 7 times in 2012
20. Section 4. How does mobile video affect youth shopping behavior?
21. Youth watch viral YouTube videos on their mobile more than any other video
22. Young students are most likely to make a purchase based on a relevant video they watched on mobile
23. Youth watch customer reviews & other product related videos on their mobile while in store
24. Device un-boxing videos and shopping haul videos are popular review videos watched on mobile
25. Section 5. Are youth replacing voice with video chat?
26. Mobile video chat will eclipse PC video chat in 2016
27. Young students are key drivers of mobile video chat
28. Youth voice usage is in decline while usage of video chat, VOIP calls and messenger apps has increased
29. Section 6. What are youth mobile video chat usage scenarios?
30. Youth engage in video chat sessions with peers at night when when they can’t fall asleep
31. Most video chat sessions include 4 participants
32. Youth video chat is among peers, followed by significant others & siblings
33. Section 7. What apps are popular among youth for mobile video chat?
34. Oovoo, Tango and Tinychat are the top 3 mobile video chat apps among youth who video chat every week
35. Oovoo Case Study: Youth video chat shifts from PC & laptop to smartphones
36. Tango Case Study: Evolve video chat app into a social network where youth can create & share experiences
37. Tinychat Case Study: Give youth the ability the control who joins and gets invited to the conversation
38. Google Hangout Case Study: Enable youth to use video as a platform to share, learn and collaborate
39. Need more insights and data?