• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Youth & Retail: Why should mobile brands focus on retail?
MobileYouth, January 2013, Pages: 16
Retail is a key customer touchpoint for mobile brands who want to focus on young consumers. In the 10 years since the launch of Apple Stores, retail has been redefined not only as an outlet to sell products but also a social space where young people connect with other youth and discover products.
The briefing answers 3 key questions about youth and retail:
1. Why are youth key to driving retail growth?
2. What is the role of word of mouth in a brand’s retail strategy?
3. How can brands turn retail space into a social space for youth customers?
2. Licensing and Copyrights
3. In this briefing
4. Executive summary
5. Section 1. Why are youth key to driving retail growth?
6. Youth are bigger per trip spenders compared to adults
7. Youth spend more across different retail outlets
8. Youth lead the discovery process
9. Section 2. What is the role of word of mouth in a brand’s retail strategy?
10. Youth are most influenced by peer recommendation
11. Youth prefer offline sources of product recommendations
12. Youth prefer face-to-face communication
13. Section 3. How can brands turn retail space into a social space for youth customers?
14. Shoppers use smartphones in-store to involve friends in the shopping experience
15. Women are more social when it comes to mobile shopping
16. Apple Store: Retail space as social space pays off