• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Greenhouse Gas Auditing of Supply Chains
Specialty Technical Publishers, May 2013
Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions can be produced directly by an entity's own facilities and activities, and also by activities within their supply chains (also called “value chains”) including suppliers and transporters of materials. For a typical manufacturing-based corporation up to 60% of their total GHG emissions result from activities such as processing, packaging, and transportation; this can be as high as 80% for retailers.
The Greenhouse Gas Auditing of Supply Chains guide is designed to assist users in evaluating their environmental compliance with GHG reporting standards. The baseline global standards are issued by the Greenhouse Gas Protocol project under the auspices of World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). Other entities use these standards to develop their own for further understanding of, and regulatory compliance with, the GHG Protocol provisions. This facilitates the users' ability to respond to a wide variety of requests for this information. These include supply chain reporting mechanisms internally or as promulgated by specific multinational corporations such as Wal-Mart, IBM and Proctor and Gamble. In addition, entities are increasingly subject to evaluation by investors, financial institutions, customers and other stakeholders, who use these survey responses as a basis for purchasing and investment decisions.
- Can be used by both customer and supplier organizations to assess their emissions (also referred to as “carbon footprint”), in order to respond to these surveys.
- Structured to provide a procedural audit protocol to help owners or operators of entities that are preparing for a facility-level or entity-wide audit, thoroughly identify the GHG Supply Chain reporting challenges.
- Includes applicability tables to help the user quickly and easily determine which requirements apply.
- Offers a step-by-step approach so the auditor can customize their audit by selection of specific subparts covered.
- Concise directives provide an aid to ensuring that an entity can accurately report its emissions.
- Annual subscription includes updates to ensure information is kept up-to-date.
Detailed Checklists and GHG Protocol Standards
- The Guide includes modules with detailed checklists covering the GHG Protocol standards and the customer-based supply chain reporting requirement topics:
- Part A1: GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard
- Part A2: GHG Protocol Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Accounting and Reporting Standard
- Part A3: GHG Protocol Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard
- Part A4: GHG Protocol for Project Accounting
- Part B1: Wal-Mart Supplier Sustainability Assessment
- Part B2: IBM Social and Environmental Management System Supplier Requirements
- Part B3: Procter & Gamble Supply Chain Environmental Sustainability Scorecard
Introduction Provides overview of the GHG Protocol standards and customer supply chain reporting requirments for Wal-Mart, IBM, and Proctor & Gamble; includes applicability tables that determine reporting provisions and identifies exemptions; assesses how these requirements interact; presents compliance definitions and reference materials.
Pre-Audit Preparation Lists materials to be reviewed before conducting an audit
Rulebook Provides comprehensive, detailed requirement statements, with guidance on compliance issues and inspection procedures and practices
Scoresheet Enable quick recording of a facility's compliance status for each requirement. Additional features include Customizable Scoresheets.
* For multiple user access options please click on Enquire before Buying *
Part 1 Introduction
Applicability of This Module
Key Compliance Definitions
Part 2 Pre-Audit Preparation
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Part 3 Greenhouse Gas Auditing of Supply Chains Rulebook
Note: The rulebook has been divided into parts as outlined below.
Part A1: GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard
1. Priorities for Reporting
2. Activities Subject to Reporting
3. Tracking Emissions over Time
4. Identification and Calculation of GHG Emission Sources
5. Manage Data Quality
6. Account for GHG Reductions
7. Report GHG Emissions
9. Set a GHG Target
Part A2: GHG Protocol Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Accounting and
1. Establishing Goals and Principles for Accounting for Scope 3
2. Setting Boundaries for Scope 3 Activities to be Evaluated and Reported
3. Collecting Data
4. Allocating Emissions
5. Setting a GHG Reduction Target and Tracking Emissions over Time
6. Providing Assurance
7. Providing Reporting
Part A3: GHG Protocol Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard
1. Establishing Life Cycle Accounting for GHG Emissions for a Product
2. Establishing the Scope of the Product GHG Inventory
3. Defining Boundaries for a GHG Product Inventory
4. Collecting Data and Assessing Data Quality
5. Allocating Emissions Associated with Common Processes and Co-Products
6. Assessing Uncertainty
7. Calculating Inventory Results
8. Providing Assurance
10. Setting Reduction Targets and Tracking Inventory Changes over Time
Part A4: GHG Protocol for Project Accounting
1. Defining the GHG Assessment Boundary
2. Selecting a Baseline Procedure
3. Identifying the Baseline Candidates
4. Estimating Baseline Emissions
5. Monitoring and Quantifying GHG Reductions
6. Reporting GHG Reductions
Part B1: Walmart Supplier Sustainability Assessment
1. Responding to Walmart Supplier Sustainability Assessment
Part B2: IBM Social and Environmental Management System Supplier Requirements
1. Responding to IBM Social and Environmental Management System Supplier
Part B3: Procter and Gamble Supply Chain Environmental Sustainability Scorecard
1. Responding to the P&G Supply Chain Environmental Sustainability Assessment
Part 4 Scoresheet A1
Note: Each rulebook part (A1 – B3) outlined above is immediately followed by
the corresponding scoresheet (A1 – B3).
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.