- Language: Italian
- Published: May 2015
- Region: Italy
Electrical Wholesale Market Report - UK 2015-2019 Analysis
- ID: 2399378
- March 2015
- Region: United Kingdom
- 81 Pages
- AMA Research
The report incorporates original input and primary research, and represents an up-to-date and perceptive review of the market and its development. Providing both a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the electrical wholesalers' market focusing on market size and trends, product mix, supply, distribution and future prospects. Key issues analysed include:
- Product sectors - cable systems, test equipment, security & fire systems, wiring accessories, lighting, circuit protection equipment, ventilation and electric heating.
- Market activity levels with forecasts to 2019 and key influences, including analysis of construction and housing trends.
- Market structure and analysis of the leading electrical wholesaler groups.
- Competitive channels, growth of the Internet channel.
- Customers and key end-use sectors.
- Markets for products sold by electrical wholesalers.
The electrical wholesale market has grown over 2013-2014, although at a slow rate, with strong performance in wholesalers’ turnover and improved profitability due in part to development of new markets and improving economic conditions. Market conditions are expected to remain positive in 2015 driven by increasing construction in the private sector, wider use of electrical and electronic products, a requirement for more sophisticated control technology and trends towards the use of energy efficient products and systems.
Areas of insight include:
- Review of product opportunities and growth sectors.
- Strengths and weaknesses of electrical wholesalers and competing channels.
- Key trends in the sector, with a focus on energy efficiency.
- The impact of legislation and standards on the market.
- Recent acquisition activity and impact of raw material prices on the market.
Key areas covered in the report include:
THE ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS MARKET
- Review of the wider electrical products distribution structure.
- Market size in value terms from 2009 with forecasts through to 2019.
- Market trends, background, changes, opportunities and threats.
- Review of key market influences – economic factors, construction and housebuilding, renewable energy products, trends in the use of electrical appliances, raw material prices and international trade etc.
- Review of the impact of legislation and standards, with a focus on energy efficiency.
- Future prospects for the market with implications for suppliers and distributors.
THE ELECTRICAL WHOLESALERS
- Review of characteristics and trends amongst electrical wholesale companies.
- Review of major electrical wholesaler groups – number of outlets, key characteristics, regional strengths, market positioning etc.
- Structural changes in the market, new entrants, key acquisitions, etc.
- Analysis of profitability for electrical wholesalers over time.
- Wholesalers’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, compared with other channels of distribution.
- Analysis of wholesalers’ environment – key competitive channels, buying groups, super distributors and other influencing sectors.
- Review of issues such as own label products, e-commerce, sustainability etc.
- Market size, growth and trends for each major product area – cables, lighting, wiring accessories, circuit protection and switchgear, heating and ventilation, fire & security systems etc.
- Product mix for electrical wholesalers.
- Electrical wholesalers’ share of each major product area.
- Key competitive channels and major suppliers for each product area.
- Review of growth sectors, product development and new opportunities for wholesalers.
CUSTOMERS AND END USE SEGMENTS
- Customer mix of electrical wholesalers.
- Review of the electrical contracting market – market size, leading M&E contractors.
- Review of other key customer segments such as panel builders, OEMs etc.
- Review of key end-use sectors – including oil & gas, marine, power, water & sewerage, transport etc. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1.2 Sources Of Information
2. Executive Summary & Future Prospects
2.2 Future Prospects
3. Economic Environment
3.2 Inflation & Interest Rates
3.4 Household Consumption
3.6 Population Profile
3.7 Housing & Construction
4. The Market
4.1 Market Definition & Structure
4.2 Market Size And Trends
4.3 Key Market Influences
4.3.1 Construction Output
4.3.2 Demand For Electricity
4.3.3 Imports And Pricing
4.3.4 Legislation And Standards
5. Electrical Wholesalers
5.1 Characteristics & Trends
5.2 Market Shares
5.3 Electrical Wholesale Companies
5.4 Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities And Threats
6.1 Products Mix
6.2 Product Sectors
6.2.1 Electrical Accessories
6.2.3 Security And Fire Protection Systems
6.2.4 Electric Heating Products
6.2.6 Other Products
7. Customers & End Use Sectors
7.1 Overview Of Electrical Wholesalers’ Customers
7.2 Electrical Contractors
7.3 Facilities Management Companies
7.4 Large End-User Sectors
7.4.1 Power & Electricity Distribution
7.4.2 Water And Sewerage
7.4.3 Oil, Gas And Marine
7.5 Panel Builders/Oems
7.6 In-House Electrical Engineers
7.7 Other Sectors
In 2014, the electrical wholesale market was estimated to have grown by 4% compared with 2013. In 2011 and 2012, the market was supported by price rises driven by high raw material costs, development of high value technologies such as LED lighting and expansion into the renewables sector. This positive trend has continued through to 2014, though at a significantly slower pace.
Overall factors supporting the market include growth in specialist markets, product development, demand for additional services and non-core products, and evolving legislation leading to a requirement for higher specification and new types of products, in addition to an improving economic and construction background. Factors negatively affecting market growth include wide ranging government spending cuts, continued low levels of construction, increased price competition, a growing threat from competitive channels and longer product life-spans reducing the replacement market.
The market is dominated by three large companies which together account for around two thirds of the electrical wholesale market. Electrical wholesalers remain market leaders in the distribution of electrical products and are particularly strong in core product areas such as electrical accessories and lighting equipment. Direct sales and specialist distributor channels are the most significant competitors to the electrical wholesalers with electronic component distributors, trade catalogues operations, internet retailers and merchants also significant.
The electrical wholesale market is expected to continue to grow in 2015, although at a modest rate, with current forecasts for construction output and for the economy in general suggesting that the private sector will see slow recovery. From 2016 onwards, the market increases at average growth levels of 2-3% per annum.
- BEW Electrical Distributors
- City Electrical Factors (CEF)
- ERF Electrical Wholesalers
- Edmundson Electrical
- Express Electrical Distributors
- Eyre & Elliston
- Gibbs & Dandy
- Holland House Electrical Company
- Kew Electrical
- Lockwell Electrical Wholesalers
- MacLean Electrical Group
- Medlock Electrical Distributors
- Newey & Eyre
- Parmley Graham
- R&M Electrical Group
- Rexel Group
- Stearn Electric Company
- TLC Electrical Supplies
- WF Senate
- Western Electrical
- Wilts Wholesale
|Question||Can the report be printed?|
|Answer||The single user license that comes with the report permits the user to print one copy of the report but this is for their own use only.|