- Language: English
- 40 Pages
- Published: May 2012
- Region: India
India B2C E-Commerce Report 2013
- Published: February 2013
- Region: India
- 40 Pages
- yStats GmbH & Co. KG
B2C E-Commerce in India still shows Growth Potential
The recent ""India B2C E-Commerce Report 2013"" report contains information about online retail in India. It covers important trends, revenues, the share of B2C E-Commerce on total retail sales, successful product categories, Internet users and Internet shoppers, as well as information about leading players in B2C E-Commerce in India.
The number of Internet users in India was forecasted to grow to exceed 140 million by the end of 2012, representing more than 10 percent of the population. Additionally, an increase in mobile Internet users in India by approximately 25 percent annually between 2012 and 2015 was expected.
Less than 1 Percent of all Retail Sales in India are generated online
Online sales accounted for less than 1 percent of all retail sales in India in 2012, even though a large number of diverse online retailers exist. Travel represents the largest share of Indian B2C E-Commerce, as it cannot be touched or tried on, which is very important to consumers in India and represents an obstacle to many products that are sold online. In relation to this, online shoppers in India mainly planned to purchase from the categories mobile phones (including accessories), computer and game software, entertainment tickets, books/newspapers/magazines as well as travel reservations in 2012.
Mass Merchants and Online-Travel-Providers especially popular among Internet Users in India
In 2012, online mass merchants Flipkart and Snapdeal, as well as online clothing retailer Jabong, had the highest number of unique visitors. Regarding the reach of online-travel-providers in India, Indian Railways was leading in July 2012. The website reached nearly a fifth of all Internet users in India, much more than the trailing competitors MakeMyTrip, Yatra Online, and Jet Airways.
Despite continuous growth, B2C E-Commerce represents less than 1 percent of total retail sales in India, as illustrated in the “India B2C E-Commerce Report 2013”. The product category clothing and accessories has especially high potential, because it is only rarely ordered online, due to the impossibility of trying the products in advance.
- These market reports inform top managers about recent market trends and assist with strategic company decisions
- The authors provide secondary market research: By using various sources of information they ensure maximum objectivity for all obtained data. As a result companies get a precise and unbiased impression of the market situation.
- The analyses, statistical reports and forecasts are only based on reliable sources including national and international statistical offices, industry and trade associations, business reports, business and company databases, journals, company registries and news portals.
- The author's international employees research and filter all sources and translate relevant information into English. This ensures that the content of the original studies is correctly interpreted.
- All research results delivered as PowerPoint files. All data can therefore be used directly for board presentations or be individually adapted.
*For sample page request please contact our customer service team SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in Asia-Pacific, including India, by Country, in %, 2010 & 2016f
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in India, 2011/2012
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in India, including B2C E-Commerce Sales in USD billion, 2016f
- B2C E-Commerce Trends in India, 2012 and Online Shoppers, in millions, 2012f & 2015f
- Mobile Shopping Inclination in India, compared to Thailand, China, and Vietnam, in % of Consumers, December 2011-February 2012
- Average B2C E-Commerce Spending per Internet User in India, compared to Australia and South Korea, in USD, 2008-2012f
- Online Payment Trends in India, 2011/2012
- B2C E-Commerce Delivery Trends in India, 2012
- B2C E-Commerce and Mobile Trends in India, 2012 and Mobile Subscribers, in million, 2011-2012f
- M-Commerce Trends in India, 2012, and Online Purchases made via Smartphone, in %, May 2012
- Growth of Online Booking of Air Tickets in India, in million and %, October 2011 & October 2012
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in India, compared to China, Japan, and Australia, in USD billion, 2012 & 2016f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in India, in USD million, 2005,2007,2009,2011,2013f & 2015f
- Share of B2C E-Commerce on total Retail Sales in India, in %, 2012f
- Products to be bought Online in India in the coming 3-6 Months, in % of Online Shoppers, February 2012
- Growth of Online Product Categories in India, in %, October 2012 vs. October 2011
5. Users / Shoppers
- Internet Users and Active Internet Users in India, in millions, June 2012 & December 2012f
- Internet Users in India, in millions, July 2011, November 2011, March 2012 & July 2012, and Share of Internet Users on the total Population, in %, July 2012
- Internet Penetration Rate in India, in % of the total Population, 2007-2011
- Mobile Internet Users in India, in millions, 2012 & 2015f
- Top Online Retail Sites in India, by Reach, in % and by unique monthly Visitors, in millions, July 2012
- Top Online Retail Sites in India, by unique Users, in millions, January 2011, June 2011 & December 2011
- Top Online Travel Sites in India, by Reach, in % of total Internet users, July 2012
- Indian Railways
- Jet Airways