- Language: English
- 105 Pages
- Published: May 2013
- Region: Global
2013 Preqin Private Equity Fund of Funds Review
- Published: December 2012
- Region: Global
- 279 Pages
The 2013 Preqin Private Equity Fund of Funds Review is the ultimate guide to the global private equity fund of funds universe, featuring detailed information on 238 fund managers, 21 listed funds of funds, 155 investors, and data and analysis on all aspects of the industry.
Maintaining intelligence on the fund of funds sector is essential for all fund of funds managers, private equity firms seeking capital, investment consultants, institutional investors, placement agents, law firms and other private equity professionals.
Now into its seventh edition, the 2013 Preqin Private Equity Fund of Funds Review has been completely updated to provide the most comprehensive and up-to-date guide available.
This publication shows you:
- Manager Profiles: Detailed profiles for 238 fund of funds managers from around the world, including firm and individual contact details.
- Fund Profiles: Vehicle-specific details for each manager's most recent and forthcoming funds, with a breakdown of investments by fund type, location and investment type (primary, secondary and direct).
- Sample Investments & Fund Preferences: Includes sample investments made on both a fund- and firm-specific basis, plus information on first-time manager preferences, typical bite size and future investment plans.
- Performance: Key fund performance metrics for over 700 individual fund of funds vehicles, comparing each fund against a fund of funds benchmark and the Preqin Synthetic Benchmark (a unique benchmark taking account of the fund type focus of each fund of funds). Includes net-to-LP IRRs plus net multiple information.
- Listed Vehicles: Analysis on 21 listed funds of funds, including an overview of investments by fund type, location and investment strategy, and listings of historic share prices by fund.
- LP Investors: Detailed profiles for 155 LP investors investing in funds of funds. Information on specific plans for fund of funds investing, sample investments and key contact details.
- Fundraising: In-depth listings of all funds of funds closed during 2011 and 2012 and funds currently raising capital.
- Analysis: Detailed analysis on all aspects of funds of funds, including fundraising trends, current fundraising conditions, fund of funds managers as investors, fund performance, the listed fund of funds market and investors in funds of funds.
Our dedicated teams of analysts have directly contacted investors, fund managers and other industry professionals from around the world in order to ensure that the information held in this year's publication is both comprehensive and up to date. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
2. Data Sources
3. Review of Historical Fund of Funds Fundraising Market
- Historic fundraising
- Market share
- Funds closed by geography
- Funds closed by GP location
- Average fund size evolution
- Funds closed by fund size
- First-time funds of funds fundraising.
4. Listings of Funds of Funds Closed 2011 - November 2012
5. Review of Current Fund of Funds Fundraising Market
- Evolution of fundraising market
- Funds raising by geography
- Funds raising by GP location
- Funds raising by fund size
- Largest funds on the road
- First-time funds raising.
6. Listings of Funds of Funds Currently Raising
7. Review of the Performance of Funds of Funds
- Net IRR dispersion
- Median benchmark deviation
- Private equity horizon IRRs
- DPI, RVPI and TVPI
- Median net IRRs and quartile boundaries
- Net multiples
- Net IRR J-curve
- Fund selection performances
- Top managers
- Synthetic IRR benchmarks
- Relationship of predecessor and successor fund quartiles.
8. Fund of Funds Managers as Investors
- Regional breakdown of fund of funds managers
- Attitudes to first time funds
- Allocations to fund types and geographies
- Allocations by primary commitments, secondary purchases and co-investments
- Opinions on the outlook for the private equity market.
9. Fund of Funds Managers as Investment Consultants
- Overview of investment consulting service offered
- Proportion of managers offering investment consulting services
- Geographic breakdown
- Number of employees
- Age of firms
- Breakdown by assets under management/advisement.
10. Profiles for 238 Active Private Equity Fund of Funds Managers
11. Listed Fund of Funds Analysis
Share prices for listed funds
Discount/premium to net asset value
Changes in net asset value
Breakdown by geographic focus and location
Allocations to fund types
Strategies of listed funds of funds.
12. Listings of Listed Funds of Funds
13. Analysis of Investors in Funds of Funds
Investors’ motivations for investing in funds of funds
Make-up of investors in closed funds
Survey of investor appetite going forwards
14. Investors to Watch
Important investors to look out for that intend to be active in 2013.
15. Profiles of Investors in Private Equity Funds of Funds