- Language: English
- 414 Pages
- Published: November 2011
2012 Preqin Infrastructure Review
- Published: December 2012
- 474 Pages
Now in its fifth year, the 2012 edition of the Preqin Infrastructure Review represents the most comprehensive examination of the unlisted infrastructure asset class ever produced, including exclusive information on over 350 infrastructure firms, 600 funds and 300 investors in the sector, plus detailed analysis reviewing every aspect of the industry.
The market for unlisted infrastructure funds has grown dramatically in recent years, though it has struggled to regain momentum following the financial crisis. Investor appetite for infrastructure funds continues to increase, new opportunities in both developed and emerging markets are paving the way for an increasing number of vehicles able to successfully raise capital, and there are currently more funds on the road than ever before.
Now in its fifth year, the 2012 edition of the Preqin Infrastructure Review represents the most comprehensive examination of the unlisted infrastructure asset class ever produced. With exclusive information on over 350 infrastructure firms, 600 funds and 300 investors in the sector, plus detailed analysis reviewing every aspect of the industry, the 2012 Preqin Infrastructure Review is a vital source of information for fund managers, fundraising professionals, advisors, consultants, legal firms and investors in the asset class.
Key features of this year's publication include:
- Detailed analysis sections showing the latest trends in all areas of the industry: deals, fundraising, investors, history and development, and more...
- Profiles of over 350 infrastructure firms and 600 funds, including 118 with performance data. Profiles include strategy and deals data, direct contact information for key professionals and more...
- Profiles for over 300 institutional investors in the sector, including allocations, strategic preferences and key contact details, plus the results of our investor survey.
- Detailed listings of all funds ever closed, plus funds currently raising capital.
- Information gathered by our dedicated team of analysts from numerous data sources, including via direct interaction with fund managers and investors in order to ensure the information in the Review is as accurate, comprehensive and exclusive as possible. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
2. Data Sources
3. Unlisted Fund Market Overview
The growth of the unlisted infrastructure fund market, evolution of unlisted funds, fund geographic focus trends, industry focus trends, impact of PPP/P/PFIs, predictions for the future of the asset class
4. Recent Unlisted Fundraising: 2008 - September 2012
Review of recent fundraising trends, fundraising by geographic focus and manager location, breakdown of fundraising market by fund size, success in achieving targets, project stage focus, industry focus
5. Unlisted Funds Closed Historically - Listings
6. Current Unlisted Fundraising Market Overview
Infrastructure funds on the road, interim closes, geographic focus of funds seeking capital, manager location, project stage focus of funds seeking capital, placement agent use, manager experience
7. Unlisted Funds on the Road - Listings
8. Debt Fund Market Overview
The growth of the infrastructure debt/mezzanine fund market, investment strategy of debt funds, geographic focus, manager location, predictions for the future of the infrastructure debt fund market
9. Debt Fund Listings
10. Fund of Funds Overview
The growth of the infrastructure-specific fund of funds market, emergence of real assets fund of funds vehicles, infrastructure funds of funds by vintage year, primary geographic focus, investors in funds of funds, manager location, project stage focus
11. Fund of Funds Listings
12. Listed Fund Market Overview
The state of the current listed infrastructure fund market, listed fund manager universe, listed funds by geographic and industry focus, predictions for the future of the listed infrastructure fund market
13. Listed Fund Listings
14. Fund Performance Overview
Infrastructure funds by median net IRR, funds by target net IRR, median net multiples by vintage year, infrastructure funds compared to other private equity strategies
15. Fund Performance Listings
Key performance for 121 vehicles. All performance shown is net to investor
16. Regional Focus: Key Facts and Figures
Europe, North America, Asia, MENA and Sub-Saharan Africa, South and Central America, Multi-Region
17. Fund Manager Universe Overview
Infrastructure firm location, manager experience, infrastructure assets under management, dry powder by fund size, dry powder by region
18. Fund Manager Investment Preferences
Matrix showing firm preferences by location, industry and project
19. Firm Profiles (Unlisted Fund Managers)
20. Firm Profiles (Debt Fund Managers)
21. Firm Profiles (Fund of Funds Managers)
22. Firm Profiles (Listed Fund Managers)
23. Deals Overview
The growth in annual deal flow, infrastructure deals by transaction size, fund manager deal activity, deals by region and industry focus, project stage, predictions for future deal flow
24. Investor Survey - September 2012
Analysis of current institutional investor sentiment towards unlisted infrastructure funds and the current issues facing the asset class
25. Institutional Investors in Infrastructure Overview
Why investors are attracted to infrastructure, make-up of investor universe, infrastructure investors by assets under management, infrastructure investors by target allocation and commitment levels, breakdown of investors by location, sources of infrastructure allocations, project stage preferences, investors in first-time infrastructure funds
26. Key Investors in Infrastructure Profiles
Detailed profiles of over 300 investors in infrastructure funds