- Language: English
- 559 Pages
- Published: December 2013
- Region: Global, United States
International Mergers & Acquisitions Review 2013
- Published: June 2013
- Region: Global
- 156 Pages
- Euromoney Trading Ltd
A series of in-depth articles written by leading experts from investment banks, law firms and consultancies provide far-reaching coverage of the international mergers & acquisitions market. The 14th edition of the International Mergers & Acquisitions Review will provide the reader with a unique insight into the global M&A market by highlighting the opportunities, as well as the pitfalls that face M&A practitioners in this ever-changing dynamic arena.
- Provides expert editorial, case studies, practical tips and theoretical analysis to let you and your company make the most of the M&A marketplace.
- Regional and country reviews allow the reader to keep track of M&A trends and developments at an international level. Regions and countries covered include Africa, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland and Turkey to name but a few.
- In-depth articles look at EU and German merger control, tax and regulatory changes, oil & gas and mining among others.
- Includes a statistical appendix of the top M&A deals and advisers of 2012 supplied by Dealogic.
Foreword: ICN-driven convergence and challenges in global merger review - By the Italian Competition Authority, Co-Chair of the ICN Merger Working Group
Global M&A outlook for 2013
Opportunity in a world of uncertainty
Oil and gas M&A was resilient in 2012
EU and German merger control
Buying into Southeast Asia: A renewed focus of Japanese companies
Africa - Why Africa will remain at the centre of global M&A activity in 2013
Africa - African M&A: Growing diversity and sophistication
Cayman Islands and BVI - A legal overview of M&A in the Cayman Islands and BVI
China - Structuring cross-border M&A transactions into China facilitated by tax and regulatory changes, but challenges still remain
Cyprus - Cyprus legal framework in respect of mergers and acquisitions
France - M&A in France in a new political context
Germany - The M&A market within Germany
India - The role of taxation of M&A
Japan - Overview of recent trends in M&A activity and legal developments
Korea - M&A review in Korea
Malaysia - The M&A market in Malaysia
Mexico - A promissory outlook
Mexico - Mergers and acquisitions involving Mexican assets
Norway - M&A transactions: Trends and developments from a legal perspective
Norway - Recent M&A developments from a tax perspective
Saudi Arabia - Promising time ahead for M&A transactions in Saudi Arabia
South Africa - Legal overview of M&A in South Africa
Sweden - M&A tax issues in Sweden
Switzerland - Saving the attractiveness as a prime tax location
Switzerland - Corporate aspects and tax consequences relating to the incorporation of a holding company in Switzerland
Turkey - Overview of the Turkish M&A market and related fiscal developments
Turkey - Turkish M&A: An overview of the new Turkish Commercial Code
United States - Ensuring a competitive marketplace for consumers through vigorous antitrust enforcement
- Aabø-Evensen & Co Advokatfirma
- August & Debouzy
- Bae, Kim & Lee LLC
- Basham, Ringe y Correa
- Berger, Steck & Kollegen Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft Steuerberatungsgesellschaft mbH
- Bowman Gilfillan
- Chevez, Ruiz, Zamarripa y Cia., S.C.
- Daiwa Capital Markets Singapore Limited
- Deloitte Advokatfirma AS
- Ecobank Capital
- Ernst & Young
- Ernst & Young Pvt. Ltd.
- Hergüner Bilgen Özeke Avukatlýk Ortaklýðý
- Italian Competition Authority, Co-Chair of the ICN Merger Working Group
- Kadir, Andri & Partners
- KPMG Al Fozan & Al Sadhan
- KPMG China
- KPMG Turkey
- Ludwig + Partner Ltd.
- Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- Maples and Calder
- Nishimura & Asahi
- Rand Merchant Bank, a division of FirstRand Bank Limited
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (UK) LLP
- Skeppsbron Skatt AB
- Soteris Pittas & Co LLC.
- Standard Bank
- US Department of Justice, Antitrust Division
- Walder Wyss Ltd