Emerging Markets and the Global Economy investigates analytical techniques suited to emerging market economies, which are typically prone to policy shocks. Despite the large body of emerging market finance literature, their underlying dynamics and interactions with other economies remain challenging and mysterious because standard financial models measure them imprecisely.
Describing the linkages between emerging and developed markets, this collection systematically explores several crucial issues in asset valuation and risk management. Contributors present new theoretical constructions and empirical methods for handling cross-country volatility and sudden regime shifts. Usually attractive for investors because of the superior growth they can deliver, emerging markets can have a low correlation with developed markets. This collection advances your knowledge about their inherent characteristics.
Foreword by Ali M. Kutan
- Concentrates on post-crisis roles of emerging markets in the global economy
- Reports on key theoretical and technical developments in emerging financial markets
- Forecasts future developments in linkages among developed and emerging economies
- Robust Measures of Hybrid Emerging Markets Mutual Funds' Performance.
- Emerging Countries Sovereign Rating Adjustment Using Market Information: Impact on Financial Institutions
- Performance of Chinese Owned Banks' in Hong Kong 2004-2010.
- Determinants of the Real Rate of Return: Evidence from Cross-Country Panel Data.
- Linkage between Liquidity and Inflation in the Post Crisis Period in India.
- Demographic Transition and Savings Behaviour in Mauritius.
- An Investigation of the Deviation from the Market Efficiency and Its Implications for Capital Market...
- An Econometric Analysis of the Impact of Oil Prices on Stock Markets in Gulf Corporation Countries.
- Trading Intensity and Information in the Tunisian Stock Exchange.
- Energy Sector Companies of the BRICS: Systematic and Specific Financial Risks and Value at Risk.
- Tail Structural Change in Small Samples.
- Measuring Systemic Risk in Emerging Markets using CoVaR.
- An Empirical Study on Mutual Funds Performance Persistence in China.
- Behavioural and Cultural Influences in Emerging Market Asset Pricing.
- Early Warning System for Financial Crisis: Statistical Classification Approach.
- To What Extent are Emerging Stock Market Returns Driven by Volatility Spillover Effects?
- Collateral in Emerging Economies.
- Tactical Risk Analysis in Emerging Markets in the Wake of the Credit Crunch and Ensuing Sub-prime...
DYNAMIC INTERACTIONS WITH THE GLOBAL ECONOMY
- Volatility and Spillover Effects of Central and Eastern Europe: Impact of EU Enlargement.
- Price Jump Behavior during Financial Distress: Intuition, Analysis and Regulatory Perspective.
- Are Emerging Markets Exposed to Contagion from U.S.: Evidence from Stock and Sovereign Bond...
- Transmissions of the Global Financial Crisis to the East Asian Equity Markets.
- Contagion versus Interdependence: the Case of the BRIC Countries during the Subprime Crises.
- Re-Assessing Emerging and Developed Stock Markets Correlation with Trend Gaps.
- Stock Market Comovement in China and ASEAN.
- Stock and Bond Markets Co-Movements in MENA Countries: a Dynamic Coherence Function Approach.
- Equity Market Integration between China and Some Emerging Countries: Evidence from ARDL Approach...
- Emerging Capital Market Volatility and Contagion Effects in Financial Crisis:
- The Case of the Southern-European Markets.
- Emerging Market Stocks in Global Portfolios: The Hedging Effect.
- The Behaviour of Emerging Stock Market Excess Returns in a Globally Integrated World.
- Determinants of International Financial Integration of GCC.
- Asset Return and Volatility Spillovers between the CARBS Stock Markets.
- Emerging Stock Markets as Satellites of Developed Ones.
- Financial Integration and its Effects on Economic Growth: a Dynamic Analysis.
- Financial Market Integration of ASEAN-5 with China and India.
Professor of Finance, University of Auvergne, and Associate Researcher at EDHEC Business School, France
Associate Professor of Finance, Champage School of Management and University of Paris Est, France
Nguyen, Duc Khuong
Professor of Finance and Deputy Director for Research at IPAG Business School (France).