- Language: English
- 103 Pages
- Published: September 2013
- Region: Africa
African Mining Review - August 2013
- Published: August 2013
- Region: Africa
- 19 Pages
- Emerging Markets Direct
The African Mining Review is a comprehensive overview of the mining sector, segment into oil & gas and other mining. It includes complete coverage of the latest developments and corporate news.
This publication is ideal to keep you abreast on recent company and industry news related to the mining sector in Africa. Written by locally-based professionals, it is a unique market and business intelligence analysis, tailored to save time by providing in-depth information, while helping you to make confident and informed business decisions.
Summary of Key Findings
- Alrosa, Botswana Diamonds form JV for diamond exploration in Botswana.
- De Beers half-year sales flat at USD 3.3bn, sees growing strength of global diamond market
- Barclays Bank Kenya provides USD 13mn financing for oil exploration.
- India’s ONGC Videsh boosts stake in offshore Mozambique gas field.
- SA Implats full-year earnings drop 52% on poor performance at Rustenburg, higher costs, impairments
- SA Keaton Energy bids EUR 13.3mn for ASX-listed Xceed Resources
- SA Gold Fields reports loss in Q2 2013, buys mines in Australia for USD 300mn.
- SA gold miner Sibanye Gold acquires West Rand operations of Gold One.
- SA platinum producer Amplats to cut 6,900 jobs.
- SA Implats says headline earnings per share fell over 50% in year ended Jun 30, 2013
- SA Sibanye Gold plans to cut up to 1,600 jobs
- SA Northam Platinum full-year profit jumps 69% on higher sales, weaker rand
- SA Harmony Gold full-year earnings drop 92% y/y
- SA Sibanye Gold H1 headline earnings drop 65% y/y, but rise 94% h/h
- SA Royal Bafokeng Platinum H1 earnings more than double y/y thanks to weaker rand
- SA Exxaro Resources may shut down loss-making New Clydesdale Colliery
- South Africa’s June mining output falls 6.2% y/y on drop in gold, platinum production
- SA Aquarius Platinum trims full-year loss after closure of unprofitable operations
- SA AngloGold embarks on aggressive cost cutting initiative to cope with lower gold price
- SA Northam Platinum sees full-year earnings up to 70% higher y/y
- Gold One, Goliath Gold complete ZAR 70mn deal to buy Grootvlei gold mine
- SA AngloGold swings into loss in Q2 on write-downs, restructuring
- SA Village Main Reef Q4 loss widens due to impairment
- SA AngloGold Ashanti says Australian Tropicana mine to pour first gold in Q3
- ArcelorMittal South Africa swings into H1 loss as sales fall
- SA AngloGold Ashanti prices USD 1.25bn 7-year bond at 8.5% yield
- SA Lonmin says quarterly mining output falls 3.6% y/y on safety stoppages, labour disruptions
- SA AngloGold expects to spend USD 743mn on convertible bond buyback
- SA Glencore-Merafe Chrome Venture H1 output rises 23% y/y, impairment hits profit
- SA Aquarius Platinum says attributable output grows 22% y/y in FY Q4
- SA Kumba Iron Ore H1 earnings flat y/y as rand depreciation offsets fall in iron ore prices
- Chinese firm BCX Gold investment group boosts stake in SA Gold One to 90.03%
- SA Amplats H1 earnings jump 88% on higher sales volumes, weaker rand
- Illegal strike at Village Main Reef’s SA Cons Murch mine ends after 10 days
- SA Harmony Gold to write down up to USD 280mn on Papua New Guinea mine
- SA Harmony Gold sees fiscal Q4 output rising up to 12% q/q
- Zimbabwe’s Zimplats posts 66% q/q drop in Q4 operating profit SHOW LESS READ MORE >
V. South Africa