This research service covers the global market for digital signage systems. Detailed global market trend analysis, including market drivers, market restraints, technology trends, vertical analysis, and pricing analysis are provided in this research.
Detailed unit shipment and revenue forecast is provided for the total market, digital signage displays market, digital signage media players market, digital signage software market. The global market has been segmented as North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Competitive landscape, in terms of major participants and market share analysis, is provided.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Will the market continue to grow at its present high rate? Will growth slow down as the industry matures over the long term, especially in the developed markets?
- Where does digital signage systems technology stand today? What are the primary challenges faced by vendors and new network owners in this market? What are the drivers and restraints for growth?
- How are the existing competitors structured—in both the displays and software categories? Are there too many
competitors at present? Are they well positioned to meet the needs of current and future customers?
- Will there be further consolidation over the next 4–5 years? Will the market continue to be attractive for mergers and acquisitions?
- What are the major vertical markets under consideration? What are the revenues from each category, namely retail, transportation, hospitality, corporate, education, and government?
- What are the revenue breakups by geographical regions including North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America? Which are the fastest growing?
Summary of Key Findings
- Digital Signage should be marketing-driven as opposed to an IT-driven tech project. Content strategy is critical to the success of the network.
- Advertisers and network owners are attracted by greater targetability, branding opportunities, and interactivity offered by digital signage screens.
- The software segment is the most fragmented; the top 5 participants are expected to aggressively compete for the market leadership via product innovation, geo expansion, and mergers and acquisitions (M&As).
- Networks purely based on selling ads are challenged in the short term due to tough economic conditions; a hybrid business model that includes elements of branding/ entertainment/information is less vulnerable.
- The market has grown well past the billion dollar mark, led by the emergence of turnkey solution providers in every region; synergistic partnerships are the key to success.
READ MORE >