- Language: English
- 38 Pages
- Published: September 2013
- Region: Algeria
Peru Water Market Insight
- Published: September 2013
- Region: Peru
- 43 Pages
- Global Water Intelligence
Peru is one of the world’s hottest water and wastewater markets, and has a new government committed to foreign private sector participation via open and transparent processes. This is why the Global Water Intelligence Market Insight: Peru is a must-have handbook for any company looking to expand their business into new lucrative markets.
The biggest opportunities will arise from the government’s has comprehensive plans for improving municipal wastewater treatment and reuse, and from the desalination requirements for the country’s flourishing mining industry. This coupled with a predicted GDO growth rate of nearly 8% will create huge opportunities for the private sector as public-private partnerships become increasingly attractive.
This report shows you exactly how to break into the market and capitalise on the opportunities. It contains everything you need for success in this market – in-depth analysis of the water market, forecasts, a guide to regulations and, finally, a full list of water utilities – making this the essential toolkit for success in the Peru water market.
With this particular report, you will receive a snapshot of the latest PPP and desalination project trackers for this region! They will help you understand key project trends and provide concrete sales leads for expanding in this market.
Market drivers and opportunities
Opportunities in the municipal water and wastewater sector in Peru are steadily on the increase. Driven by important developments – the promotion of private sector participation in water and waste water utilities, a 70% increase in tariffs for the first time in many years and the increased availability of funding for infrastructure projects – the market is becoming increasingly attractive for the international private sector.
This report will show you how to capitalise on these developments, showing you the best opportunities for your business and giving you strategies for success in the market:
- Wastewater treatment and reuse – the government is aiming to achieve 100% urban wastewater treatment and 50% reuse by 2021. We give you examples of projects that have been awarded to international players, explain the contract models that offer the best opportunities for foreign companies and give you concrete leads for utilities with a list of the 32 largest utilities in Peru to facilitate relationships, so you can plan your market penetration strategy.
- Desalination and Mining – there is a shift towards unconventional water sources – driven by conflicts between mining companies and local communities – creating opportunities for mining and desalination in the south of the country. We guide you through the opportunities and the factors that could produce further opportunities in this sector over the next few years.
Accessing the market
This market insight report gives you invaluable advice from industry insiders on how to do business in this country, so you can break into the market or increase your existing presence.
By interviewing experts who have concrete experience in that country, we reveal how the market works in practice and give you strategies to successfully enter the supply chain, offering:
- Analysis of procurement processes and market penetration strategies
- Supply chain analysis
- A list of key water market players and who your potential partners or competitors will be
- Possible ways to enter the supply chain alongside the dominant market players
A database of 34 utilities in Peru...
We have already highlighted that there are increasing opportunities for the private sector in Malaysia, and have given strategies for accessing these opportunities.
The final part of this report will allow you to follow up this advice with concrete sales leads and a deep understanding of each water utility and its service. We give you direct access to and contacts details for each utility and the decision maker where possible.
For each utility you will receive the following information:
- Utility name
- General email address
- Water services
- Wastewater services
- Drainage/stormwater service
- Other services
- Service area type
- Service area description
- Ownership type
- Name of the owner/contract operator
- Population served water (number)
- Population served wastewater (number)
- Water connections (number)
- Wastewater connections (number)
- Water pipe network (km)
- Wastewater pipe network (km)
- Name of Head of the organisation
- Job title
- Phone number
Forecasts and datasets
Accompanying spreadsheets and datasets
The report is accompanied by two spreadsheets, which contain the market forecast and additional datasets.
Market Forecast Spreadsheets
The market forecast spreadsheet brings together the forecast information from the end of the market section of the report, so that you can manipulate the information.
The forecasts included are:
- Utility capital expenditure by spending area.
- Industrial capital expenditure by industry.
- Utility equipment capital expenditure by equipment line.
- Industrial equipment capital expenditure by equipment line.
- Utility water and wastewater operating expenditure.
- Utility and industrial expenditure on chemicals.
The datasets spreadsheet provides the following supplementary information to the report, as appropriate for the country.
- Water and wastewater indicators.
- A dataset that gives context to the report by quantifying the level of utility coverage. See the Indicators of utility service coverage section on the following page for full details.
- Water and wastewater utilities.
- A dataset of utilities that serve more then 50,000 people. Where available, data fields include state/region/province and city (where applicable), utility name, address, phone, website, general email address, water services, wastewater services, drainage / stormwater service, other services, service area type, service area description, ownership type , name of owner / contract operator (when there is private sector involvement), population served water, population served wastewater , water connections , wastewater connections , water pipe network length, wastewater pipe network length, head of organisation name, job title, email address and phone number.
- Private contracts.
- A dataset of awarded contracts with some degree of private sector participation. Where available, data fields include start year, end year, contract type (e.g. O&M), contract scope, contract name, private company, water population served, wastewater population served, water capacity, wastewater capacity, stake held by company, project type (e.g. BOT), contract length (years), contract value, expected cost, client.
- Tracked desalination projects.
- A dataset of potential projects yet to be awarded from the Global Water Intelligence desalination tracker. Where available, data fields include project name, capacity, expected cost, project description, client, project structure and current status.
- Tracked PPP projects.
- A dataset of potential projects yet to be awarded from the Global Water Intelligence PPP (public-private partnership) tracker. Where available, data fields include project name, capacity, expected cost, project description, client, project structure and current status. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Accompanying spreadsheets and datasets
Utility and industrial forecast category definitions
Indicators of utility service coverage
Indicators of water service coverage
Indicators of wastewater service coverage
1. Peru - Market
1.1 Overview of indicators
Figure 1.1 Population projections, 2010-2020
Figure 1.2 Economic indicators
1.2 Context and overview of challenges
1.3 Water sector organisation and structure
1.3.1 Government ministries and agencies
Figure 1.3 Government ministries and agencies involved in water management
1.3.2 Water and wastewater service providers
Figure 1.4 All EPS in Peru showing main indicators, 2011
1.4 Government’s water strategy
1.4.1 Water resources
1.4.2 Municipal water
1.5 Water availability and demand
1.5.1 Water availability
Figure 1.5 Water resources availability in Peru by watershed, 2011
1.5.2 Sectoral water demand
Figure 1.6 Sectoral surface water use in Peru by watershed, 2010-2011
1.6 Municipal water and wastewater
Figure 1.7 Water supply indicators
Figure 1.8 Wastewater indicators
1.6.1 Water treatment
Figure 1.9 Types of access to drinking water (percentage of total households), 2011
Figure 1.10 Major WTPs in Peru by design capacity
184.108.40.206 Desalination for municipal purposes
220.127.116.11 Desalination for industrial purposes
1.6.3 Wastewater treatment
Figure 1.11 Methods of wastewater disposal in Peru, 2011
Figure 1.12 Major municipal WWTPs in Peru by design capacity
Figure 1.13 Operating capacities and treatment technologies employed at Sedapal WWTPs in Lima, 2011
Figure 1.14 PLANAA strategic actions and goals relating to wastewater treatment and reuse, 2012-2021
1.6.4 Water reuse
1.7 Water finance
Figure 1.15 Investment required to meet objectives of the National Sanitation Plan 2006-2015
Figure 1.16 Funding scheme for the period 2009-2015
1.7.1 Funding sources
Figure 1.17 Sedapal tariffs (variable charge), May 2012
1.7.2 Capital expenditure
Figure 1.18 Government investment in urban water and sanitation works, 2005-2010
1.7.3 Operating expenditure
1.8 Private sector participation
Figure 1.19 Modalities of PSP according to the National Strategy for PSP in EPS
1.9 Procurement process for water and wastewater infrastructure
Figure 1.20 Procurement models according to project size and broad procurement category
1.9.2 Common characteristics to all procurement processes
18.104.22.168 Level of openness
22.214.171.124 Private companies’ way of participation
126.96.36.199 Prequalification stage
188.8.131.52 Criteria for awarding contracts and ensuring quality
184.108.40.206 Speed of procurement processes
Figure 1.21 Private Initiative flow diagram
Figure 1.22 Water and wastewater plant concession projects up until 2012
1.9.4 Non-concession projects
220.127.116.11 Common framework
18.104.22.168 Large projects: DBO - DB
22.214.171.124 Small projects: DBB
1.10 The supply chain
1.10.1 Consulting engineers
1.10.3 Private operators
1.10.4 Equipment suppliers
1.11 Current and future key projects
1.11.1 Current projects
1.11.2 Future projects
1.12 Future market directions
1.12.2 Notes on the market forecast
1.13 Market forecast
Figure 1.23 Market forecast, 2011-2018
Figure 1.24 Market forecast breakdown, 2013
Figure 1.25 Market forecast data, 2011-2018
Figure 1.26 Industrial markets, 2013-2017
2. Peru - Utilities