- Language: English
- 400 Pages
- Published: May 2013
- Region: Global
Family Medicine Board Review
- Published: July 2013
- Region: Global
- 47 Hours
- CME Group
The Family Medicine Board Review Course program covers the full spectrum of topics applicable to Family Medicine in a board review format through lectures and case studies.
The program is taught by over 50 faculty members selected for their expertise in areas related to the successful delivery of family health care. The University of Nebraska Medical Center faculty is nationally recognized for their ability to effectively teach and work with primary care practitioners. More than 1,700 pages of syllabus materials are provided in PDF format as a resource for today's office practice, as well as future reference.
This activity is designed to prepare family medicine physicians for the American Board of Family Medicine examination, as well as to provide a comprehensive update on the newer developments in medicine for practicing physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants.
- Describe current updates in the management and treatment of patients in family medicine.
- Apply knowledge of the most recent and pertinent developments in family medicine to daily practice.
- Incorporate evidence-based guidelines for preventive medicine and standard of care to improve patient outcomes.
- Utilize this review to assist in preparing for, and passing, the board certification/recertification examination.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center, Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 46.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. AAFP accreditation begins July 15, 2013. The term of approval is for two years from this date, with option for yearly renewal. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Date of Original Release: July 15, 2013
Date of Credit Termination: July 15, 2015
Submission Deadline Date: AMA Credit July 15, 2015
Submission Deadline Date: AAFP Credit July 15, 2015
CME credit is obtained upon successful completion of an activity posttest and evaluation, as well as payment of a $60 processing fee.
* Note on formats:
Online: Includes Video Stream Online, 4 MP4 Discs, MP3 Download, PDF Syllabus
DVD: Includes 19 DVDs And 4 MP4 Discs With Carrying Case, PDF Syllabus
CD: Includes 61 Audio Cds And 1 MP3 Disc With Carrying Case, PDF Syllabus SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Topics & Speakers
- Testing Strategies, James E. VanArsdall, EdD
- Common Pediatric Orthopedic Conditions, M. Layne Jenson, MD
- Thyroid Disorders, Whitney S. Goldner, MD
- Somatization Disorder, Steven P. Wengel, MD
- Evaluation of the Febrile Infant Less Than 36 Months of Age with No Identifiable Focus, Meera Varman, MD
- Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease and Kidney Stones, Troy J. Plumb, MD
- Back Pain, Chris A. Cornett, MD
- Behavioral Issues in Children and Adolescents, Christopher J. Kratochvil, MD
- Celiac Disease, Edwin C. Schafer, MD
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Michael B. Jones, MD
- A Review of Adolescent Medicine, Amy E. Lacroix, MD
- Statistics, Jenenne A. Geske, PhD
- Contraception, Brian J. Finley, MD
- Osteoporosis: Evaluation and Management, Lynn R. Mack, MD
- Congestive Heart Failure Valvular Heart Disease, Daniel H. Mathers, Jr., MD
- BPH and Prostate Cancer and Hematuria, Larry E. Siref, MD
- Sports Medicine, Monty S. Mathews, MD
- Breast Cancer, Elizabeth C. Reed, MD
- Adult Vaccines 2013, Michael A. Sitorius, MD
- Evaluation and Management of Obesity and Diets, Michael A. Sitorius, MD Maxine McElligott, MA, RD, CDE, LMNT
- Overview of GI Topics, Alexander T. Hewlett, DO, MS
- Asthma and Its Management, Thomas C. Nilsson, MD
- General Overview of Infectious Diseases in Children, Kari Simonsen, MD
- Update on Cancer Screening for Gynecologic Malignancies: Cervical, Uterine, and Ovarian, Steven W. Remmenga, MD
- Update on Treatment Strategies for PPH, VTE, and PIH in Pregnancy and Gestational Diabetes, Paul G. Tomich, MD
- Anemia, Lori J. Maness, MD
- Community Acquired Pneumonia New and Emerging Infectious Diseases – Overview, Mark E. Rupp, MD
- Pediatric Vaccines 2013, Archana Chatterjee, MD, PhD
- Common Injuries and Problems in the Foot and Ankle, Lori K. Reed, MD
- Eye Trauma, Emergencies, Red Eye, and Glaucoma Screening, Thomas W. Hejkal, MD, PhD
- Rheumatology Update: General Review, Alan R. Erickson, MD
- Update on Cancer Screening Standards and Guidelines: Breast, Colon, and Prostate, James W. Simmons, MD
- Smoking Cessation COPD and Emphysema, Stephen I. Rennard, MD
- Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease, Pierre B. Fayad, MD, FAHA, FAAN
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding Menopausal Management and Hormone Replacement Therapy, Jennifer L. Griffin, MD, MPH
- Management of Headaches, David A. Franco, MD
- Diabetes Management: What's New?, Andjela Drincic, MD
- Abnormal Cervical Cytology and Its Management, Sonja R. Kinney, MD
- Pain Management, Angie L. Rakes, MD
- Dizziness, Vertigo, and Understanding Balance Disorders, Gary F. Moore, MD, FACS
- Common Outpatient Infectious Diseases and Antibiotic Treatments, Philip W. Smith, MD
- General Review of Dermatology: Diagnosis and Management, James M. Shehan, MD, FAAD
- Lipids and Cardiovascular Risk Management Acute Coronary Syndrome and Acute Myocardial Infarction, Scott W. Shurmur, MD
- Venous Thromboembolic Disease, Sandeep Rajan, MD
- Depression, Bipolar, and Anxiety Disorders, Mark H. Fleisher, MD
- Shoulder Pain in the Adult, Jonathan E. Buzzell, MD
- Seizures, MS, Tremors, Neuropathies, and Other General Neurological Pearls, Harris Frankel, MD
- Lung Cancer, Eduardo J. Vasquez, MD
- Geriatric Hip Fractures and Common Problems of the Knee, Beau S. Konigsberg, MD
- Eating Disorders, Dean L. Antonson, MD
- The Acute Abdomen and GI Bleeds, Matthew R. Goede, MD
- Common Mistakes in Geriatrics Evaluation and Management of Alzheimer's Disease and Related Behavioral Problems, Timothy R. Malloy, MD
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Management Hypertension ECG Interpretation, Daniel R. Anderson, MD, PhD