- Language: English
- 1113 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
Pathology Board Review Course
- Published: June 2013
- Region: Global
- CME Group
The Pathology Board Review Course program provides current information regarding relevant scientific and clinical information necessary to prepare for the American Board of Pathology Certification and Recertification examinations including principles of anatomical and clinical pathology.
The course will cover all major aspects of Anatomic and Clinical Pathology and will include the segments devoted to the following topics: Basic General Pathology, Non-neoplastic Anatomic Pathology, Neoplastic Anatomic Pathology, Cytopathology, Hematopathology, Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Microbiology, Transfusion Medicine and Blood Banking, Cytogenetic and Molecular Biology Laboratory Management
- Pathology trainees preparing for the specialty examination by the American Board of Pathology (ABP)
- Practicing pathologist taking the course for CME credit
- Define the basic core knowledge for passing the board specialty examination and the practice of pathology in the hospital or laboratory setting.
- Discuss basic principles of diagnostic pathology.
- Apply knowledge to daily problems in the practice of pathology.
- Analyze the results in light of newly acquired knowledge.
- Evaluate the new knowledge by objective means, such as tests or application in practice.
Oakstone Publishing, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Oakstone Publishing, LLC designates this enduring material for a maximum of 40.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Date of Original Release: June 1, 2013
Date of Credit Termination: May 31, 2016
Estimated Time to Complete: 40 hours
CME credit is awarded upon completion of a course evaluation and post-test.
* Note on formats:
ONLINE: Includes Streaming Video online, PDF syllabus, and free CME quiz. You will also receive MP4 discs.
DVD: Includes DVDs and MP4 digital disc with carrying case, 1 PDF Syllabus, and free CME quiz. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Topics & Speakers
- Cell Injury, Inflammation, Repair
- Hypersensitivity, Autoimmune Disease, and Immune Deficiency
- Electron Microscopy
Cheryl Hanau, MD
- Pathology of the Respiratory System
- Pathology of Gastrointestinal System and Pancreas
- Pathology of the Male Urogenital System
- Pathology of the Endocrine System
- Pathology of Bone and Soft Tissues
- Pathology of the Kidney
- Pathology of the Central Nervous System
Ivan Damjanov, MD, PhD
- Pathology of the Liver and Biliary System
Maura O'Neil, MD
- Pathology of the Skin
Garth Fraga, MD
- Pathology of Breast and Female Genital System
- Pap Smear (Cervical and Vaginal Cytology) - Benign/Reactive Changes and Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions (SILs)
- Pap Smear (Cervical and Vaginal Cytology) - Glandular Abnormalities, Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Non-gynecologic Cytology - Respiratory Tract, Urine and Bladder Washings, Effusions and Peritoneal Washings, and Cerebrospinal Fluid
- Fine-needle Aspiration Cytology - Breast, Thyroid, Salivary Gland, Lymph Nodes, Liver, Pancreas, Kidney
Fang Fan, MD, PhD
- Pathology of Red Blood Cells
- Pathology of White Blood Cells
- Pathology of Platelets
Fred Lucas, MD
- Blood Donation
- Blood Components
- Pre-transfusion Testing
- Transfusion Reactions and Clinical Transfusion Medicine
Sally A. Campbell-Lee, MD
- Bacterial Infections
- Viral Infections
- Fungal Infections
- Parasitic Infections
William M. Janda, PhD, D(ABMM)
- Medical Genetics and Inherited Diseases
- Neoplastic Molecular Pathology
Michael Datto, MD
- Laboratory Operations: Methods, Statistics, Quality Management Lipids, Proteins and Enzymes
- Water, Electrolytes and Acid-Base Metabolism
- Endocrine Disorders and Hormones
- Clinical Toxicology and Therapeutic Drugs
Nikola Baumann, PhD
- Quality Assurance
- Organization of the Laboratory
Stephen S. Raab, MD