- Language: English
- 925 Pages
- Published: December 2013
- Region: Global
Pediatric Board Review Activity
- Published: December 2011
- Region: Global
- CME Group
Pediatric Board Review provides a comprehensive pediatric board review, which will prepare physicians for board certification or re-certification. The quality and breadth of the review is also attractive for individuals needing a comprehensive update of basic pediatric clinical information. As a bonus, you'll receive the new 4th edition of the paperback, 656 pages textbook, The Cleveland Clinic Intensive Review of Pediatrics. This textbook is based on this symposium, and it is the first comprehensive textbook to specifically focus on pediatric board review certification and re-certification.
This activity is directed to physicians preparing for pediatric board certification or re-certification and other healthcare professionals desiring a comprehensive update of basic pediatric clinical information.
- Acquire the core knowledge necessary to pass the pediatric board examination or recertification exam.
- Devise a differential diagnosis for a specific patient presentation.
- Interpret laboratory findings for a host of clinical presentations.
- Construct a therapeutic plan for a specific patient presentation.
- Identify areas of knowledge deficit or weakness.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education designates this enduring material for a maximum of 38.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Date of original release: December 1, 2011
Date of credit termination: March 31, 2014
Credit is obtained upon successful completion of an online activity posttest and evaluation, as well as payment of a $30 processing fee.
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education has implemented a policy to comply with the current Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Standards for Commercial Support requiring resolution of all faculty conflicts of interest. Faculty declaring a relevant commercial interest will be identified in the activity syllabus.
* Note on formats:
DVD: Includes 20 DVDs and 3 MP4 digital discs with carrying case, 1 CD-ROM syllabus, CME information, and bonus textbook
CD: Includes 43 audio CDs and 1 MP3 digital disc with carrying case, 1 CD-ROM syllabus, CME information, and bonus textbook SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Topics & Speakers
- Recognition of Cardiovascular Disorders - Daniel J. Murphy, MD
- Congenital Heart Disease - Athar Qureshi, MD
- Acquired Heart Disease - Daniel J. Murphy, MD
- Disorders of Cardiac Rate & Rhythm - Richard Sterba, MD
- Board Simulation Session: Cardiology - Daniel J. Murphy, MD
- Dysmorphic Syndromes - George E. Tiller, MD, PhD
- Chromosomal Abnormalities - George E. Tiller, MD, PhD
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism - George E. Tiller, MD, PhD
- Neurocutaneous Syndromes - George E. Tiller, MD PhD
- Epilepsy and Anti-Convulsant Therapy - Deepak Lachhwani, MD
- Board Simulation Session - Sudeshna Mitra, MD
- Fluids and Electrolytes - Robert J. Cunningham, III, MD
- Hypertension - Charles Kwon, MD
- Hematuria & Proteinuria - Robert J. Cunningham III, MD
- Calcium and Phosphorus Metabolism - Charles Kwon, MD
- Board Simulation Session: Acid Base Problems - Robert J. Cunningham, III, MD
- Adrenal Disorders in Infants and Children - Anzar Haider, MD
- Thyroid Disorders - Douglas S. Rogers, MD
- Growth Disorders - Anzar Haider, MD
- Board Simulation Session: Endocrinology - Elumalai Appachi, MD
- Respiratory Diseases of the Newborn - Craig Raskind, MD
- Neonatal Sepsis and Congenital Infections - Camille Sabella, MD
- Board Simulation Session: Neonatology - Elumalai Appachi, MD
- Board Simulation Session: Potpourri - Robert J. Cunningham III, MD
- Abdominal Pain - Barbara Kaplan, MD
- Hepatitis - Marsha H. Kay, MD
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Lori Mahajan, MD
- Neonatal Jaundice and Liver Disease - Vera Hupertz, MD
- Foreign Bodies and Caustic Ingestions - Lori Mahajan, MD
- Gastrointestinal Mucosal Disorders - Kadakkal Radhakrishnan, MD
- Board Simulation Session - Lori Mahajan, MD
- Board Simulation Session: Potpourri I and II - Elumalai Appachi, MD
General and Developmental Pediatrics
- Board Simulation Session - Camille Sabella, MD
- Child Development I - Mark Deis, MD
- Child Development II - Roberta Bauer, MD
- Immunizations - Camille Sabella, MD
- Board Simulation Session: General Pediatrics / Sports Medicine - Scott Francy, MD
- Board Simulation: Infectious Diseases / General Pediatrics - Camille Sabella, MD
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- Anemia: An Approach to Evaluation - L. Kate Gowans, MD
- Bleeding Disorders - L. Kate Gowans, MD
- Presenting Signs & Prognostic Factors of Common Pediatric Tumors - Margaret Thompson, MD
- Board Simulation Session - L. Kate Gowans, MD
- Adolescent Development and Other Topics - Laurie Gillespie, MD
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Camille Sabella, MD
- Amenorrhea - Karen Vargo, MD
Pulmonary and Allergic Disorders
- Allergic Disorders - Alton L. Melton, MD
- Pulmonary/Airway Diseases - John Carl, MD
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
- Orthopedic Emergencies - Martin Hellman, MD, FAAP, FACEP
- Pediatric Emergencies - Michele M. Walsh, MD
- Ingestions - Daniel Lebovitz, MD
- Board Simulation: Critical Care and Emergency Medicine - Daniel Lebovitz, MD
- Pediatric Rheumatology -Steven Spalding, MD
Pediatric Infectious Diseases / Immunology
- Congenital Immunodeficiencies - Alton L. Melton, MD
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Part I - Johanna Goldfarb, MD
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Part II and III - Camille Sabella, MD
- Board Simulation Session - Alton L. Melton, MD
- Common Problems in Pediatric Surgery - Anthony Stallion, MD
- Orthopedics and Sports Medicine - Thomas Kuivila, MD
- Urology for the Pediatrician - Jonathan H. Ross, MD
- Ophthalmology - Elias Traboulsi, MD