The database contains important forecast information and current figures. It consists of a Global Data Set with the following sections:
- Annual Demand
- Smart Grid Value
WHAT'S IN THE GLOBAL HIGH-TECH POWER MARKET DATABASE?
The Annual Demand section includes 2012 actual figures and forecasts for 2013-2017 in 2012 United States Dollars (USD) for:
- Utility Automation
- Power Systems
- Total of entire sector
The Capex section provides an overview of the total expenditure by utilities including the cost of land, finance, legal services, equipment purchase, construction and installation. Data provided includes:
- Capital expenditure for the global transmission and distribution market
- 2012 actual figures for the entire transmission and distribution sector
- 2012 actual figures for the High-Tech transmission and distribution sector
- 2013-2017 forecasts for the High-Tech transmission and distribution sector
- Presented on a by-region and by-country basis as a whole for 2012 and forecast to 2017.
The Smart Grid section provides the value of the transmission and distribution sector as a part of the smart grid market as a whole. Regional and by-country 2012 actual figures and 2013-2015 forecast figures are provided.
The accompanying report provides a valuable historical overview that helps provide forecasts for the future, and an analysis of the current market and the global high-tech transmission and distribution market. The report also includes definitions of the sectors used in calculating annual demand, briefings on transmission and distribution companies (including regional market shares) and a description of our methodology.
Presented in the Global High-Tech Power Market Report:
- Company analysis
- Global market share for major players
- NRG Expert methodology used to compile this report and database
- Definition of this sector
KEY REASONS TO PURCHASE THIS MARKET RESEARCH
This Report and Database allows you to make key business decisions based on our forecasts and analysis of the electricity T&D high-tech power sector. Insight into grid monitoring and grid planning can also be gained. Reasons to purchase the database include:
- Gain a global understanding of the electricity transmission and distribution high-tech power sector
- Understand the trends, developments and opportunities in this sector
- Manipulate the in-depth data on high-tech electricity transmission and distribution
- Prepare market size evaluations and sector forecasts
BACKGROUND TO THIS MARKET RESEARCH
- T&D networks are evolving rapidly as high-tech solutions are being implemented
- High-tech solutions will be essential in the race to meet growing demand
- As the old grid is replaced, knowledge of high-tech T&D trends will be essential
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS MARKET RESEARCH
Transmission and Distribution Technologies Essential
New Transmission and Distribution technologies will be essential in the race to meet growing demand. As the old grid is replaced and renewables become more common, new Transmission and Distribution technologies involving more advanced grid planning and grid automation strategies will be essential.
New Power Systems Implemented
Power systems can be defined as combinations of products that have been engineered to work in concert, producing a better system than could be achieved through the purchase of isolated units. Power system products would include T&D substations, turnkey substations, HVDC systems and FACTS (Flexible Alternating Current Transmission Systems).
Utility and Grid Automation Grows
There is a growing trend towards utility automation. NRG Expert defines this as the process by which IT engineers automate the monitoring and management of T&D networks. Manual processes are removed and replaced by new electricity transmission and distribution technology.
Origins of the Electrical Supply Industry
The early origins
The first networks
Regional evolution of networks
Planned systems – the Pool concept
Germany - Bavaria
Global Market Shares
Smart Grid Market Shares
Stage 1 - T&D Forecasts
Stage 2 - Modelling
Stage 3 – Background Research
Stage 4 - Verification
Figure 1 Global T&D Capital Expenditure 2012-2017 (million US$)
Figure 2 Regional Breakdown of Capital Expenditure 2012-2017 (million US$)
Figure 3 2012 Annual Demand breakdown by Sector
Figure 4 Total Annual T&D Demand 2012-2017 (million US$)
Table 1 European Market Shares in terms of Value for Major Manufacturers
Table 2 Asian Market Shares in terms of Value for Major Manufacturers
Table 3 North American Market Shares in terms of Value for Major Manufacturers