Glyphosate China Monthly Report
- ID: 2818695
- May 2016
- Region: China
- 46 Pages
- CCM Information
In March 2016, China's glyphosate price remains stable. The CAC 2016 did not bring much orders to glyphosate enterprises. Based on the experiences of previous years, the market demand for glyphosate will grow in March, which can push the glyphosate price to rebound to some extent. But according to the market feedback, enterprises will still hold wait-and-see attitude towards the market, and the transaction orders will be less in a short run. Although glyphosate formulations sell well currently, formulation enterprises insist on purchasing by demand. This cannot greatly support the glyphosate TC price to go up. But the prices of some major raw materials increase, relieving the downtrend pressure of glyphosate price. It is estimated that the glyphosate price would stay stable in coming future.
In 2016, the market demand for glyphosate is still depressed with low and stable transaction price affected by the blind capacity expansion, the constant changes in the European policies, the sluggish exports, the increasing resistance problem, and the stricter environmental protection acquirement. The operating rate of glyphosate enterprises is also low as many of them launch production only for maintaining the operation state.
- Would be good or bad for Zhejiang Jinfanda to transfer Hubei Taisheng?
- Hubei Xingfa: 168% YoY rise in revenue and YoY fall of 22 percentage points in gross profit margin of glyphosate
- Jiangsu Yangnong: dicamba makes up loss from glyphosate
- ENN Ecological transforming based on glufosinate-ammonium
- Nantong Jiangshan: declined glyphosate price causes serious loss of net profit
- Sichuan Fuhua holds 5.1583% of equity in Nufarm
- Sichuan Hebang: resumption date of glyphosate production device untold
- Final trial on Zhejiang Jinfanda and Zhejiang Wynca’s involvement in environmental pollution case
- Speeches on 8th World Academic Meeting for the Development of Pesticide Technologies & Applications
- Cibus RTDS Technology able to leverage directed nucleases to develop non-transgenic trait in flax
- Evaluation of "Shuangkang 12-5" with complex traits of insect- and glyphosate-resistance for resistance to Ostrinia furnacalis and tolerance to glyphosate
- 13 glyphosate-containing products registered in China in Feb. 2016
- Glyphosate TC: ex-works price remains stable in March 2016
- Glyphosate TC: MoM rise of 97.07% in export volume in Jan. 2016
- MEP collects advanced technology to control VOC pollution in pesticide industry
- Soil Regulations may benefit development of environmentally friendly pesticides in China
- China's PMIDA market in first work week of March 2016 (1 March-4 March)
- China's glycine market in first work week of March 2016 (1 March-4 March)
- China's IDAN market in first work week of March 2016 (1 March-4 March)
- China's yellow phosphorus market in first work week of March 2016 (1 March-4 March)
- China's phosphorus trichloride market in first work week of March 2016 (1 March-4 March)
- China's isopropylamine salt market in first work week of March 2016 (1 March-4 March)
- China's paraformaldehyde market in first work week of March 2016 (1 March-4 March)
- China's chloromethane market in first work week of March 2016 (1 March-4 March)
- China's methylal market in first work week of March 2016 (1 March-4 March)
After Zhejiang Jinfanda transferred Hubei Taisheng, the former had to compensate Hubei Xingfa due to Hubei Taisheng's lower- than-expected performance during 2014-2015. If in the year 2016 Hubei Taisheng's net profit still isn't able to meet the expectations, then Zhejiang Jinfanda will be forced to provide constant compensation. Considering all this, is it actually good or bad for the company to transfer Hubei Taisheng?
Hubei Xingfa reported a large YoY rise in revenue but, at the same time, a large YoY decline in gross profit margin regarding its glyphosate business has been registered in year 2015. A constant market downturn has been confirmed as the major cause of the phenomenon.
The drop of glyphosate's price and its lingering on low levels in year 2015 put huge pressure on glyphosate enterprises. Jiangsu Yangnong, however, still managed to make profit from the growth dicamba business underwent in 2015.
Both as China's glyphosate giants, Zhejiang Jinfanda and Zhejiang Wynca are quite influential in the glyphosate industry. However, the illegal disposal of the glyphosate mother liquor by the subsidiaries of these two enterprises, polluting the environment, was exposed in 2013. Related cases have been on the trial by different courts since 2014. As of March 2016, the trial on all companies and natural persons involved in that environment pollution case has come to an end and related judgments have been publicized. Now everything in the case of environment pollution caused by the glyphosate mother liquor, which ever stirred the entire Chinese glyphosate industry, has been settled down.
The 8th World Academic Meeting for the Development of Pesticide Technologies & Applications was held in the M42 Meeting Room, Shanghai New International Expo Center on 9 March, 2016 and Sichuan Fuhua was the title sponsor of this meeting with its meeting fees of USD229.41 (RMB1,500). 10 guest speakers shared their views on the problems embedded in the glyphosate industry. This article extracts part of views of these 10 speakers from what they have shared in the meeting.
China has many research programs on glyphosate-resistant seeds. This article introduces the evaluation of "Shuangkang 12-5" with complex traits of insect- and glyphosate-resistance for the resistance to Ostrinia furnacalis and the tolerance to glyphosate studied by several Chinese researchers including Wang Jiang, Wu Fengci and Liu Xinying.* News from a paper Evaluation of Transgenic Corn "Shuangkang 12-5" with Complex Traits of Insect-resistance and Glyphosate-resistance for the Resistance to Ostrinia furnacalis and Tolerance to Glyphosate delivered by Wang Jiang, Liu Xinying and Feng Shudan from the Department of Biological Science and Biotechnology, Harbin Normal University, Wu Fengci and Song Xinyuan from the JilinAcademy of Agricultural Sciences.
As a whole, the ex-works price of glyphosate TC remained stable in the first half of March 2016 when compared to that in the same period of Feb. 2016.
In Jan. 2016, the export volume of glyphosate TC and glyphosate formulations recorded a MoM rise of 97.07% and a MoM fall of 22.71% respectively in China.
The Chinese government issued the Action Plan on Air Pollution Control in year 2013. After that, China issued more detailed documents to control the air pollution in succession. On 29 Feb., 2016, the MEP issued the notice on launching air pollution control related to the pesticide industry.
On 11 March, 2016, the MEP disclosed that China would issue the Soil Regulations in year 2016. The author believes that this may benefit China's development of environmentally friendly pesticides. As of now, pesticide is one of the important pollutants remaining in the soil. Therefore, the author considers that the high-efficacy and low-residue environmentally friendly pesticides will usher in a promising future after the issue of the Soil Regulations.
- Hubei Xingfa Chemicals Group Co., Ltd.
- Hubei Taisheng Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Hubei Taisheng Chemical Co., Ltd.;
- Jiangsu Yangnong Chemical Co., Ltd.;
- ENN Ecological Holdings Co., Ltd.;
- Nantong Jiangshan Agrochemical & Chemical Co., Ltd.