Internationally, lithium iron phosphate manufacturers mainly refer to the U.S.-based A123 and Valence, Canada-based Phostech, Taiwan-based Formosa Lithium Iron Oxide Corp., Aleees and HIROSE TECH. Among them, the first three companies grasp more mature mass-production technology. However, driven by the Asia-Pacific new energy electric vehicle industry, global lithium iron phosphate industry is gradually shifting focus towards Mainland China and Taiwan.
Global lithium iron phosphate sales volume approximated 11 kilotons in 2013, about 52.7% of which came from China, largely because Chinese electric vehicle companies tended to use power battery with lithium iron phosphate as cathode materials.
According to China's Planning for the Development of the Energy-Saving and New Energy Automobile Industry (2012-2020), pure electric vehicles (PEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) strive to reach cumulative output and sales volume of 500,000 by 2015; over five million by 2020, with production capacity of two million. As the most important cathode material of battery power in China, lithium iron phosphate will see a significant increase in demand driven by the new energy automotive industry in the future.
In China, there have been more than 100 companies involved in lithium iron phosphate by the end of 2013, and over ten of them such as Tianjin STL Energy Technology Co., Ltd., Pulead Technology Industry Co., Ltd., Sichuan Huangming Lithium Energy New Materials Co., Ltd., Nanjing Lasting Brilliance New Energy Technology Co., Ltd. and Yantai Zhuoneng Battery Material Co.,Ltd can achieve large-scale production. And, many domestic enterprises based on the promising market prospects have made capacity expansion plans, especially Pulead Technology, Huangming Lithium Energy and Nanjing Lasting Brilliance will raise lithium iron phosphate capacity to 10kt/a each in 2015.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
- Overview of the global lithium iron phosphate industry, including sales volume, market share and major international suppliers;
- Status quo of China lithium iron phosphate industry, including policies, sales volume, industrial distribution, competition pattern and key suppliers;
- Supply and demand of China lithium iron phosphate battery industry, including upstream suppliers and downstream customers;
- Operation and development strategies of 20 lithium iron phosphate material manufacturers (including A123, Valence, Phostech, Aleees, Tianjin STL and Pulead Technology) in Mainland China and Taiwan;
- Operation and development strategies of 11 Chinese lithium iron phosphate battery companies (including BYD, BAK Battery, Tianjin Lishen and Shenzhen Mottcell).
1.1.2 Merits and Demerits
1.2 Industry Chain
2. Overview of International Market
2.1 Market Position
2.2 Sales Volume
2.3 Major International Suppliers
3. Market of LiFePO4 Materials in China
3.1 Chinese Market
3.1.1 Regional Distribution
3.1.2 Sales Volume
3.1.3 Major Enterprises
3.1.4 Competition Pattern
3.2 Price of LiFePO4 Materials
3.3 Patent Barriers of LiFePO4 Materials
3.3.1 Dispute on Patent
3.3.2 Latest Development
3.4 Policy Impact
4. Industry of LiFePO4 Battery in China
4.2.1 Electric Car
4.2.2 Electric Tools
4.2.3 Electric Bicycle
4.2.4 Energy Storage Equipment
4.2.5 Communication Industry
5. Key LiFePO4 Materials Manufacturers
5.1 A123 Systems
5.1.3 Subsidiaries in China
5.2.3 Latest Products
5.2.4 Subsidiaries in China
5.3.2 LiFePO4 Business
5.3.3 Phostech in China
5.4 Formosa Energy & Material Technology Co., Ltd.
5.5.3 LiFePO4 Material Business
5.5.4 Development Dynamic
5.6 Hirose Tech Co., Ltd.
5.6.4 Competition Vantage
5.7 Tatung Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
5.7.2 LiFePO4 Business
5.8 Tianjin STL Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
5.9 Pulead Technology Industry Co., Ltd
5.9.3 LiFePO4 Battery Business
5.9.4 Projects under Construction
5.10 Shenzhen Bei Terui New Energy Material Co., Ltd
5.11 Yantai Zhuoneng Battery Material Co., Ltd.
5.11.3 Main Clients
5.11.4 R&D Projects in 2011-2012
5.12 Nanjing Lasting Brilliance New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
5.12.2 R & D
5.12.3 Development Course
5.13 Sichuan Huangming Lithium Energy New Materials Co., Ltd.
5.13.2 Cathode Materials
5.14 Hunan Shanshan Toda Advanced Materials Co., Ltd.
5.14.2 Revenue Structure
5.15 HeFei GuoXuan High-Tech Power Energy Co., Ltd.
5.15.3 Market Expansion
5.15.4 Innovation of Technology & Business Model
5.16 ShenZhen TianJiao Technology Development LTD.
5.17.1 Xinxiang Huaxin Energy Materials Co., Ltd.
5.17.2 Hunan Haorun Technology Co., Ltd.
5.17.3 NanoChem Systems (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
5.17.4 Xinxiang Chuangjia Power Supply Material Co., Ltd.
6. Key LiFePO4 Battery Manufacturers
6.1.3 Revenue Structure
6.1.4 LiFePO4 Business
6.1.5 Gross Margin
6.1.6 Application Case of Iron Battery of BYD
6.1.7 Anticipation and Prospect
6.2 China BAK Battery
6.2.3 Revenue Structure
6.2.5 LiFePO4 Battery Business
6.3 Tianjin Lishen Battery Joint-Stock Co., Ltd.
6.3.3 More Investment in Motive Power Battery
6.3.4 LiFePO4 Battery Business
6.4 Shenzhen Mottcell Battery Technology Co., Ltd.
6.4.3 History of LiFePO4 Battery
6.4.4 Application Case
6.5 Wanxiang EV Co., Ltd.
6.5.2 Application Case
6.5.3 Competitive Edge
6.6 CENS Energy-Tech Co., Ltd.
6.6.2 Application Cases of LiFePO4 Batteries
6.7 Hipower New Energy Group Co., Ltd.
6.7.2 LiFePO4 Battery Business
6.8 Crown Shuo (Suzhou) New Energy Co., Ltd.
6.9 Pihsiang Energy Technology
6.9.2 Competitive Edge
6.10 Qingdao Hongnai New Energy
6.11 Huanyu Power Source Co.,Ltd
6.11.2 LiFePO4 Battery Business
7 Summary and Forecast
Electric Bicycle Output in China, 2004-2015
China's Wind Power Installed Capacity and PV Installed Capacity, 2006-2013
Number of New Communications Base Stations, Ownership and Battery Demand in China, 2006-2012
History of A123 Systems
Revenue and Gross Profit of A123Systems, FY2007- FY2012
Revenue of Subsidiaries of A123Systems in China
Project Investment of Changzhou Gaobo, 2005-2008
Revenue and Net Profit of Valence, FY2008-FY2012
Operation of Valence's Subsidiaries in China
History of Phostech
Distribution of Global Customers of Phostech
Patents of Formosa Energy & Material Technology Co., Ltd., 2009-2012
Capacity of Formosa Energy & Material Technology Co., Ltd., 2009-2015
Sales Volume of LiFePO4 Material of Aleees, 2010-2012
Financial Situation of Hirose, 2009-2012
LiFePO4 Capacity Planning of Hirose Tech, 2013-2017
History of LiFePo4 R&D of Tatung Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
LiFePo4 Materials and Cells Developed by Tatung Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
Revenue of Tatung Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd., 2009-2015
Monthly Revenue from LiFePO4 Material Business of Tatung Fine Chemicals, 2011
Lithium Iron Phosphate Capacity of STL, 2011-2015E
Lithium Iron Phosphate Cathode Material Capacity of Pulead, 2011-2015
Major Production Bases of Shenzhen BTR
Net Income of Shenzhen BeiTerui, 2008-2015
LiFePo4 Development of BeiTerui
Revenue and Lithium Iron Phosphate Capacity of Yantai Zhuoneng, 2011-2015E
Major Customers of Yantai Zhuoneng Battery Material
Development Course of Yantai Zhuoneng
Lithium Battery Business of Ningbo Shanshan, 2013
Revenue and Net Income of Hunan Shanshan, 2009-2015.
Cathode Material Sales Volume of Hunan Shanshan, 2009-2012
Main lithium Iron Phosphate Products of Hunan Shanshan
Revenue and Net Income of GuoXuan High-Tech, 2009-2012
Marketing of Guoxuan High-Tech Major Products
History of Tianjiao Technology
The Main Products Capacity of TianJiao Technology, 2013
Revenue and Net Income of Tianjiao Technology, 2008-2015E
Capacity of Main Products of Xinxiang Huaxin
Revenue and Net Income of BYD, 2008-2013
Revenue Structure of BYD (by Business), 2012-2013
Sales Volume of F3DM of BYD, 2010-2013
Gross Margin of BYD, 2009-2013
Gross Margin of BYD (by Business), 2009-2013
Revenue and Net Income of BYD, 2013-2015E
Revenue of China BAK, FY2009-FY2015
Revenue of China BAK by Product, FY2009-FY2013
Revenue of China BAK by Region, FY2009-FY2013
Revenue Structure of BAK by Region, FY2009-FY2013
R&D Costs and % of Total Revenue of China BAK, FY 2010-FY2013
Revenue of Tianjin Lishen, 2008-2015
History of LiFePo4 Battery of Shenzhen Mottcell
Patents of Shenzhen Mottcell, 2009-2013
LiFePo4 Battery Application of CENS Energy-Tech
HiPower New Energy Group
Development History of LiFePo4 Battery Business of Pihsiang Energy Technology
Chinese and Global Lithium Iron Phosphate Sales Volume and Proportion, 2007-2016E
Capacity of Lithium Iron Phosphate Enterprises in China (including Taiwan), 2012/2015E
- CENS Energy-Tech Co., Ltd.
- China BAK Battery
- Crown Shuo (Suzhou) New Energy Co., Ltd.
- Formosa Energy & Material Technology Co., Ltd.
- HeFei GuoXuan High-Tech Power Energy Co., Ltd.
- Hipower New Energy Group Co., Ltd.
- Hirose Tech Co., Ltd.
- Huanyu Power Source Co.,Ltd
- Hunan Haorun Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hunan Shanshan Toda Advanced Materials Co., Ltd.
- Nanjing Lasting Brilliance New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
- NanoChem Systems (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Pihsiang Energy Technology
- Pulead Technology Industry Co., Ltd
- Qingdao Hongnai New Energy
- ShenZhen TianJiao Technology Development LTD.
- Shenzhen Bei Terui New Energy Material Co., Ltd
- Shenzhen Mottcell Battery Technology Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Huangming Lithium Energy New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Tatung Fine Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin Lishen Battery Joint-Stock Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin STL Energy Technology Co., Ltd.
- Wanxiang EV Co., Ltd.
- Xinxiang Chuangjia Power Supply Material Co., Ltd.
- Xinxiang Huaxin Energy Materials Co., Ltd.
- Yantai Zhuoneng Battery Material Co., Ltd.