- Language: English
- 69 Pages
- Published: January 2014
- Region: Russia
Demand for Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metal Products in Russia
- ID: 28382
- May 2003
- Region: Russia
- 90 pages
- National Energy Security Fund
Complex analysis of the metal products demand drivers is crucial for filling in gaps in the official Russian statistics of consumption of ferrous and non-ferrous metals in Russia. On the basis of 1999-2002 end-of-the-year data the Research assesses key trends of demand for metal products on behalf of the end consumers: oil and gas companies, various machines building firms, Russian railways, construction enterprises and other. The Research features current problems of the Russian metal products market and forecasts its development in the near future.
Among the questions the Research answers there are:
- Will the internal metal products market of Russia be able to compensate losses the Russian majors suffer from shrinking foreign sales? Plans to enhance output of metal products with high value added rate and their sales in the home and external market vs. intentions to apply on-the-verge-of-dumping schemes when selling row materials and semi-finished products abroad.
- Why has the demand for pipes in Russia dropped recently although revenues of the Russian oil and gas majors have considerably increased? Russian pipe producers struggle with foreign rivals for the internal market of Russia.
- Why despite Russian metal producers' intensified downstream integration pipe holdings remain relatively independent in Russia? Ownership relationships among ferrous and non-ferrous finished metal producers and consumers in Russia.
- Are all segments of metal products market in Russia going to be monopolized? Ferrous and non-ferrous majors to reshape sales chains.
- What are the main strengths and weaknesses of the Russian metal majors in the domestic market? The Russian ferrous and non-ferrous companies hold leading positions in the Russian market of metal products, but they are facing rivalry of foreign producers in its most solvent segments.
The Research includes over 20 statistical data tables and 50 analytical charts.
Previous edition of the Research (released in 2002) has been awarded the Russian Prize "Consultant-2002". SHOW LESS READ MORE >
<P>1. DEMAND FOR ROLLED STEEL IN RUSSIA
1.1. Production of Rolled Steel
1.2. Consumption of Rolled Steel
1.3. Rolled Steel Distribution Chains
1.4. Ownership Relationships among Rolled Steel Producers and Consumers</P>
<P>2. DEMAND FOR STEEL PIPES IN RUSSIA
2.1. Production of Steel Pipes
2.2. Consumption of Steel Pipes
2.3. Steel Pipes Distribution Chains
2.4. Ownership Relationships among Steel Pipes Producers and Consumers</P>
<P>3. DEMAND FOR FINISHED NON-FERROUS METALS IN RUSSIA
3.1. Market of Rolled Aluminum
3.1.3. Distribution Chains
3.1.4. Ownership Relationships among Producers and Consumers</P>
<P>3.2. Market of Rolled Cuprum
3.2.3. Distribution Chains
3.2.4. Ownership Relationships among Producers and Consumers</P>
<P>3.3. Market of Metal Zinc
3.3.3. Distribution Chains
3.3.4. Ownership Relationships among Producers and Consumers</P>
<P>3.4. Market of Nickel and Cobalt
3.4.3. Distribution Chains
3.4.4. Ownership Relationships among Producers and Consumers</P>
<P>3.5. Market of Rolled Tin
3.5.3. Distribution Chains
3.5.4. Ownership Relationships among Producers and Consumers</P>
<P>3.6. Market of Rolled Brass, Bronze and Titanium
3.6.3. Distribution Chains
3.6.4. Ownership Relationships among Producers and Consumers</P>
<P>APPENDIX. DATA TABLES</P>