- Language: English
- 145 Pages
- Published: April 2014
- Region: Global
Analysis of the Global In Vitro Diagnostics Market
- ID: 2891856
- July 2014
- Region: Global
- 154 Pages
- Frost & Sullivan
Despite global economic and industry challenges, in vitro diagnostics (IVD) markets are growing robustly at double the rate of the global pharmaceutical industry. The global IVD market size was $47.30 billion in 2013; it is expected to reach $62.63 billion in 2017, at a compound annual growth rate of 7.3%. Because of stagnating mature markets, companies are heavily focused on globalization in emerging economies such as China and Brazil. This research service discusses the IVD segments of immunochemistry, point-of-care testing, molecular diagnostics, clinical microbiology, tissue diagnostics, hematology, hemostasis, and self-monitoring blood glucose.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Which segments of the market are growing, how long will they continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What primary strategies are competitors employing to sustain growth?
- What do the key M&A deals indicate about the market?
- What are the drivers and restraints for the global IVD market and for emerging markets?
- What percentage does each region contribute to the global IVD market? Which regions are growing the fastest?
- Which new technologies following next-generation sequencing (NGS) have the potential to be IVD applications?
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total IVD Market
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
4. Immunochemistry Segment Breakdown
5. Self-monitoring Blood Glucose Segment Breakdown
6. Point-of-care Testing Segment Breakdown
7. Molecular Diagnostics Segment Breakdown
8. Hematology Segment Breakdown
9. Clinical Microbiology Segment Breakdown
10. Hemostasis Segment Breakdown
11. Tissue Diagnostics Segment Breakdown
12. Regional Breakdown
13. The Last Word