- Language: English
- Published: August 2013
Closed Drug Transfer Systems to 2020
- ID: 2925610
- August 2014
- Region: Global
- Greystone Associates
The administration of drugs deemed hazardous to humans has been receiving increasing amounts of scrutiny in recent years as the dangers of these substances become more clearly understood. For caregivers and their patients, the therapeutic area that is at the forefront of attempts to mitigate exposure to cytotoxic drugs is clinical oncology, a field that continues to rely heavily on antineoplastics, a class that includes alkylating agents and antimetabolites, to treat a wide range of cancers. Regulatory and industry efforts to create standards and procedures designed to protect workers and patients from accidental and incidental exposure to cytotoxics are being driven by data that suggests a causal link between exposure and health issues.
Studies of nurses who work with cytotoxic drugs on a regular basis have found a statistically higher rate of spontaneous abortion. Several companies are responding to this unmet need by commercializing devices for closed transfer of these drugs. As the market evolves and user acceptance increases, so too will the impact of these products on oncology therapy protocols and drug delivery.
- Analyzes the impact of drug toxicity and safety factors on therapeutic oncology market segments, market dynamics and market demographics.
- Provides detailed analysis of closed drug transfer products for the handing of cytotoxic drugs.
- Analyzes demand drivers and competitive factors influencing closed drug transfer adoption.
- Charts product data and provides forecasts to 2020.
- Profiles closed drug transfer device participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations.
Cytotoxic Drug Therapeutics Market Dynamics
- Therapeutic Trends and Issues
- The Administration of injectable/Infusible Antineoplastics
- Drug Packaging and Administration Technology
- Closed Drug Transfer Market Drivers
- Competitive Landscape
- Risk Factors
Closed Drug Transfer Design Factors
- Key System Design Elements
- Human Engineering/Ergonomics
- Material Selection Issues
- Drug Reconstitution and Dilution
- Oncology Therapeutics Medication Safety
- Oncology Drug Administration and Dosing
- Drug-Specific Dosing Modification and Individualized Dosing
Closed Drug Transfer - Commercial Device Assessments and Market Data
- Other Closed Drug Transfer Devices
- Regulatory Issues
- Caregiver Compliance
- Level of Complexity and Ease of Use
- Healthcare Economics
- Business Models and Strategies
Market Assessments and Forecasts
- North America
- Other Geographic Markets
Closed Drug Transfer - Market Participant Profiles