- Published: June 2012
- Region: Global
Messaging Security Market Trends, 2005-2008
- Published: April 2005
- Region: Global
- Osterman Research, Inc
This is a study that details the current problems with spam, viruses, spyware, inappropriate content, non-secure content, disaster recovery and other email and instant messaging (IM) security issues in the enterprise. The study will focus on how organizations are managing these problems and how the market for messaging security tools and services will need to evolve over the next several years. IT decision makers and end-users in mid-sized and large enterprises will be surveyed in-depth.
This report is focused on the specific information requirements of vendors that offer antispam, anti-virus, anti-spyware, content filtering, secure messaging, disaster recovery and related capabilities.
Topics to be covered in Messaging Security Market Trends, 2005-2008 will include the following, but as with all multiclient studies, questions from early subscribers will be fielded in the surveys conducted specifically for this report:
- Current data and forecasts for enterprise adoption of anti-spam, anti-virus, inbound
and outbound content filtering, anti-spyware, secure messaging and related tools.
- Enterprise IT management preferences and demand for:
--Features and functions provided in these tools.
--Integration of security functions into a single email/IM firewall.
--Delivery preferences for security products, including current preferences and
forecasts for software-based solutions, appliances and other form factors.
- Analysis of the market potential for managed service providers.
- Analysis of the unmet needs of enterprise customers in the context of their email
and IM security requirements.
- Enterprises’ price sensitivity and willingness to pay for email and IM security.
- Detailed analysis of enterprise IT staff investments in managing email and IM
- Current and forecasted enterprise budgets for email and IM security tools broken
out by security function (anti-spam, anti-virus, content filtering, anti-spyware and
- Decision makers’ perceptions of leading email and IM security vendors.
- The role of Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA and other regulations in shaping demand for
- Marketing messages that resonate most with enterprise decision makers.
- Criteria that enterprises use to evaluate email and IM security vendors.
- Enterprises’ price sensitivity and willingness to pay for security capabilities.
- Identification of email and IM security vendors.
- Other topics to be determined by early subscribers to the report. SHOW LESS READ MORE >