- Language: English
- 279 Pages
- Published: December 2012
2014 Preqin Private Equity Fund Terms Advisor
- Published: September 2014
- Region: Global
- 209 Pages
The 2014 Preqin Private Equity Fund Terms Advisor is the most comprehensive guide to private equity fund terms and conditions ever produced, containing analysis, benchmarks, listings of funds and their terms (on an anonymous basis), investor opinions and more.
The ninth edition of the Private Equity Fund Terms Advisor has been fully updated and is based on analysis of fund terms and conditions for more than 3,900 funds, more than ever before.
The 2014 publication and complementary online service form a vital tool for private equity firms, placement agents, law firms involved in fund formation, institutional investors and consultants.
Private Equity Fund Terms Advisor - Uses:
- Identify typical terms for funds meeting your criteria.
- Benchmark funds to see how terms offered compare to the market.
- Review actual terms and conditions data for over 2,500 funds (on an anonymous basis).
- Model the real economic impact of fund terms and conditions.
- Unlimited downloads of detailed fund terms listings to Excel for further analysis.
- Understand current LP investor views on terms and conditions.
- Review data and analysis on the actual fees and costs incurred by LPs, with named listings showing costs for over 1,350 vehicles.
- Assess how terms and conditions have changed over time.
- Review important non-economic terms that affect the GP-LP relationship.
- View listings of law firms active in fund formation, including sample assignments.
Private Equity Fund Terms Advisor - Coverage:
- View actual terms and conditions data (on an anonymous basis) for over 2,500 funds, including management fees, carry, hurdle/preferred return, fee rebates, no-fault divorce and key-man clauses, GP commitments, investment period and much more.
- All major fund types are covered, including buyout, venture capital, real estate, infrastructure, distressed private equity, mezzanine, natural resources, fund of funds, growth, secondaries funds and more.
- Listings of over 1,350 named funds showing the net costs incurred by LPs annually are also provided. This information is obtained through Freedom of Information requests to public pension funds in the US and the UK. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
3. Data Sources
4. Study of LP Attitudes towards Fund Terms
- Results of interviews with 100 LPs
5. Fund Financial Model
- Key variables, impact of key terms on costs and net returns, economics of direct and fund of funds investment for LPs
6. Management Fees
Duration of investment period, management fees during investment
period, fee reductions after investment period, rebates of deal-related
fees against management fees. Analysis by fund type, size and vintage
7. Performance Fees
- Structure of distribution of fund proceeds, hurdle rate/preferred return, carried interest, GP catch-up rate
- Key-man clause, no-fault divorce clause, LP advisory committee, fund diversification
9. Fund Formation and Costs
- GP commitments, minimum LP commitments, time limit on final close, fund organizational expenses, interest payable on contributions made by LPs joining fund after first close
- Benchmark average terms by fund type and size
11. Fund Listings - Key Terms and Conditions
- Listings of key terms and conditions by fund type and vintage
12. Actual Fees and Costs Incurred by LPs
- Net fees by investment year, net fees by fund type and size
13. Net Cost Listings - Actual Fees
- Listings by fund type and vintage
14. Law Firms
- An overview of leading law firms in fund formation
15. Online Fund Terms Advisor
- Features of the online Fund Terms Advisor, guidelines for use
- Figure index