What You Will Learn
- What drugs indicated for managing pain are supplied as transdermal formulations, what are the formulation and product specifics, and who markets them?
- Who are the branded transdermal pain management product suppliers, their business models, and their capabilities?
- What are the major factors driving transdermal pain product demand?
- How important are drug developer-formulator-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for transdermal pain management products?
- What are the competing pain management product segments and what is their market share?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for transdermal pain management?
2. Scope and Definitions
The Current Pain Management Picture
Unmet Needs in Pain Management
The Opportunity for Transdermal Delivery of Pain Drugs
3. The Pain Management Market Opportunity
4. Evolution in Pain Management Guidelines
Regional Factors in Pain Management Practice
Pain Management Demand Drivers
Factors Limiting Growth
5. Transdermal Drug Delivery Dynamics
6. Transdermal Pain Management Patches
Pain Patch Technology & Architectures
Transdermal Patch Manufacturing and Packaging
Passive vs Active Delivery Systems
Transdermal Pain Management Gels
IP and Proprietary Technology
Limitations of Topical Gels
7. Transdermal Pain Management Product Assessments and Market Prospects
8. FDA Approved Transdermal Pain Management Products
Non-FDA Approved Commercial Transdermal Pain Management Products
Development-Stage Transdermal Pain Management Products
Other Drug Classes
9. Transdermal Pain Management Market Factors
10. Regional Regulations
Quality and Reliability
Indications Prescribing Guidelines and Off-Label Prescribing
Managed Care and Payor Initiatives
Skin Patch Revenue Models
11. Market Forecasts
12. Forecasts by Region
Forecasts by Drug Class
Forecasts by Delivery Form Factor
Market Share Data
13. Market Participant Profiles