- Language: English
- Published: July 2012
- Region: United Kingdom
Independent Financial Advisors - Business Ratio Report
- ID: 307609
- July 2010
- Region: United Kingdom
- Key Note Publications Ltd
This Business Ratio Report compares the financial performance of the leading players in this Industry sector, offering a quick and cost-effective competitor analysis tool for senior management.
Ratios are an invaluable tool for comparing the performance of companies on a like-for-like basis. Using ratios, the relative profitability, growth or debt levels, for example, of differently sized companies can be directly measured or compared with ease. Your Business Ratio Report focuses on the performance of key players in the industry it examines. Having closely analysed the sector, our editors and analysts have compiled the largest companies, so you don't have to. A Business Ratio report is, in effect, a complete financial reference for the sector.
What can the report be used for?
A business ratio report can be used to assess trading and financial information on:
What you can look for when reading your Business Ratio Report:
The results given in a Business Ratio report generally cover at least the previous three full accounting years, therefore any fluctuations in any area can be easily pinpointed
The average results for each ratio together with the industry profile of the average company in the sector can both be used as benchmarks to compare individual company performance.
All the major companies in the sector are ranked on the basis of sales, profits, total assets and employee numbers (PERFORMANCE LEAGUE TABLES – Section 4). The largest and smallest of the key players can be easily identified, while the relative size of any company can be assessed.
The average annual growth of each company's sales, profits, total assets and number of employees over the three-year period being analysed is calculated and ranked (Performance League Tables – Section 4). This key information highlights strong and weak performers, which companies are expanding or losing market share, increasing or decreasing asset investment, or taking on or shedding employees. The industry results are also given for comparison purposes.
This information is perfect for all kinds of planning and decision-making including:
- Competitor Analysis
The depth of financial analysis provided on each company in each report offers you a comprehensive insight into the performance of individual businesses over recent years. The performance ratios let you easily identify the financial strengths and weaknesses of competitors in terms of profitability, liquidity, gearing, efficiency and employee performance
- Simple Benchmarking
A Business Ratio Report is ideal for benchmarking your own company's performance. You can choose to benchmark your company against a major competitor, or assess the overall industry average performance. And you can focus on the criteria that are important to your business, such as profitability, employee performance or sales growth. Setting realistic performance targets becomes easier for you; with Business Ratio Reports, you will know that they are based on solid facts about your industry.
- Tracking Performance Trends
With at least three years of financial data for each company and the entire industry you can identify performance trends instantly.
- Identifying Acquisition Targets
Business Ratio Reports make it simple for you to identify potential acquisitions. You can easily find companies fitting your criteria using the Performance League Tables.
A Business Ratio Report takes the hard work out of financial performance analysis. You are left free to focus on using the vital information it imparts to drive your business forward. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Industry Overview
A clear, concise commentary gives you an overview of the industry's financial performance. Graphs and tables make it easy for you to spot performance trends.
- Company Profiles
This part of the report provides information on all the companies included in the analysis. To make comparison between companies easier, the information is presented in a standard format for each:
Telephone & Fax numbers
Company secretary & directors names
What the company does
Who owns the company
Which are the major subsidiaries
Profit & Loss accounts for the previous 3 or 4 years
Balance sheet for the previous 3 or 4 years
Financial ratios grouped according to profitability, efficiency, debt, employee performance and growth.
League Table Positions:
How the company performs relative to all the
others in the sector
- Performance League Tables
This section ranks companies on a full range of financial ratios. All the tables are listed in order of 'best' to 'worst' results to help you gauge which are the strongest companies on any criteria. In addition, each table brings you the ratio result for the sector as a whole, so you have a benchmark 'average' for comparison purposes.
- Industry Profile
The Industry Profile lists basic Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet data for the 'average' company in the sector. This can then be used as a benchmark for comparison with individual company profiles in the report.
This summary brings you a sample of key details from this invaluable Report. The Report itself includes many further analyses of the performance of individual companies and the industry as a whole.
The Report provides in-depth financial analysis on these companies in these 4 clear sections:
- Performance League Tables
- Individual Company Profiles
- Industry Overview
- Industry Averages
This Business Ratio Report focuses on the leading 92 companies operating as Independent Financial Advisors.
The Report analyses company and industry performance over the three years up to 7th August 2009. During this period, the average Report company experienced a 15.8 percent reduction in turnover, with sales falling from £8.6 million in 2006/07 to £7.2 million in the third analysis year. Pre-tax profits also followed a negative trend, decreasing by 64.8 percent from £1.2 million in the initial year of review to £421,000 in 2008/09.
- Alan Boswell & Co. Ltd
- The Alexander Beard Group PLC
- Alexander Hall Associates Ltd
- Ashley Law Managemnt Srvcs PLC
- AWD Group PLC
- BA Financial Ltd
- Barker Poland Financial Management Ltd
- Berkeley Morgan Ltd
- Berns Brett Ltd
- Bestinvest (Consultants) Ltd
- Blacktower Financial Advisers Ltd
- Boyd Coughlan Ltd
- Brian Mole Independent Financial Advisers Ltd.
- Brisker Court Ltd
- Broadoak Group Ltd
- Care Asset Management Ltd
- Castlegate Financial Mngmnt Ltd
- Cavanagh Group PLC
- Chadney Bulgin Llp
- The Clarkson Hill Group PLC
- Co-Operative Bank Fnncl Advsrs Ltd
- Culver Holdings PLC
- Cumberland Place Financial Management Llp
- Delta Financial Management PLC
- Dewhurst Torevell & Co. Ltd
- Eastlake & Beachell Ltd
- ECS Insurance Brokers Ltd
- ECS Sheffield Ltd
- Endslgh Indpndnt Fnncl Srvcs Ltd
- Equus Indpndnt Fnncl Mngmnt Ltd
- Financial Ltd
- Fiscal Engineers Ltd
- Gerrard Financial Planning Ltd
- Giles Insurance Brokers Ltd
- Griffiths & Armour (Holdings) Ltd
- Hencilla Canworth Ltd
- HKA Holdings Ltd
- Investacc Ltd
- James Hallam Ltd
- Jelf Financial Planning Ltd
- John Holman & Sons Ltd
- Kudos Independent Financl Srvcs Ltd
- Lark Group Ltd
- LEBC Holdings Ltd
- Lgl & Fnncl Needs Hldngs Ltd
- Llyds TSB Indpndnt Fnncl Advs Ltd
- Lorica Consulting (Ifa) Ltd
- Lyndhurst Financial Mangmnt Ltd
- Mantle & Partners Ltd
- Monahans Financial Services Ltd
- Montrad Ltd
- O'Connor & Co. (Insurances) Ltd
- Openwork Market Solutions Ltd
- Origen Financial Services Ltd
- Pantheon Financial Ltd
- Prkr Sg Indpndnt Fnncl Advsrs Ltd
- Park Row Group PLC
- Pearson Jones PLC
- Pentagon Capital Managemnt PLC
- Perspective Financial Group Ltd
- Positive Solutions (Financl Srvcs) Ltd.
- PQR Financial Planning Ltd
- Prescient Financial Intelligence Ltd
- Principal & Prosper Holdings Ltd
- Quadrant Partnership Ltd
- The R.A. Roberts Partnership Ltd
- Regency Investment Services Ltd
- The Regent Organisation Ltd
- Rosan Helmsley Ltd
- Rowanmoor Investment Mngmnt Ltd
- RSM Tenon Financial Services Ltd
- B.P.Sanders & Co. Ltd
- Saunderson House Ltd
- Scrutton Bland Ltd
- Skipton Financial Services Ltd
- Smart & Cook Financial Srvcs Ltd
- Sterling & Law Group PLC
- Stewart Asset Mngmnt Grp Ltd
- Tenet Group Ltd
- Tenetconnect Ltd
- Tenetconnect Services Ltd
- Torquil Clark Ltd
- Towergate Financial (North) Ltd
- Towry Ltd
- Trigon Pensions Ltd
- True Bearing Ltd
- Vantis Financial Management Ltd
- Way Group Ltd
- Whichers IFA Ltd
- W.H. Ireland (Finncl Srvcs) Ltd
- Willis Owen Ltd
- Zeus Administration Services Ltd