- Language: English
- 1686 Pages
- Published: December 2012
Rauch Guide To the US Plastics Industry 2006 Edition
- ID: 317871
- November 2005
- Region: United States
- 646 Pages
- Grey House Publishing Inc
The Rauch Plastics Guide, fourth edition, provides industry structure and current market information about this $182 billion US industry. The report is divided into 6 major chapters with 134 tables and 30 figures in its 629 pages.
The Guide provides information that is either widely scattered or difficult to find, saving valuable time and money. Users describe the Guide as the best single-source document on the entire US plastics industry. Over 1,000 copies have been sold worldwide to producers, raw material suppliers, consultants, investment bankers, and others with a stake in this fast-changing, complex industry.
- Economics. After a brief introduction, this section provides data on industry shipments; long-term growth and forecasts; prices; company performance; employment, expenditures, and productivity; transportation and geographical patterns; packaging; foreign trade; and government regulations.
- Technology and raw materials. These chapters provide market, technical, and raw material information for chemicals, equipment and related materials, including market size and leading suppliers, prices, end uses, and trends.
- Products and markets. These sections provide information for each major industry product, including market size and historical trends, leading suppliers, five-year forecasts, industry structure, and major end uses.
- Industry activities, organizations and sources of information. This chapter lists meetings, exhibits, and trade shows, sources of statistical information, trade associations, technical and professional societies, and trade and technical periodicals.
- Directory. This section profiles major industry companies, both public and private. Generally several hundered companies are analyzed. Information includes web address, estimated total and domestic sales, product description, and recent mergers and acquisitions.
- Appendixes. This section provides a cross-reference of suppliers, subsidiaries and divisions. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. ECONOMICS OF THE INDUSTRY
After a brief introduction, this section provides data on Producers/acquisitions, Long-term growth, Prices, Profitability and company performance, Operating data (Production, Capacity, Employment), Distribution, Expenditures (Raw Materials, Wages, Advertising, Capital expenditures, Research and development), Geographic patterns, Foreign trade, World plastics industry, and Environmental issues.
2. PRODUCTION/RAW MATERIALS
Feedstocks (Ethylene, Propylene, Benzene, Methane, Xylene, Toluene and Butadiene), Intermediates, Polymerization, Types of Plastics (Tonnage thermoplastics, Engineering and other specialty thermoplastics, Thermosetting resins, and Polyurethane foam plastics), Compounding, Plastics Additives (Fillers, Plasticizers, Fibrous Reinforcements, Flame Retardants, Colorants (Organic pigments, Dyes), Blowing Agents, Stabilizers (Heat Stabilizers, Antioxidants, and Ultraviolet Stabilizers), Lubricants, Impact Modifiers, Antistatic Agents, Organic Peroxides, PU Catalysts, Miscellaneous Processing Aids (Viscosity Depressants, Mold-Release Agents, Emulsifiers/surfactants, Slip Agents, Antiblocking Agents, Biocides, Antifogging Agents, Fragrances, Adhesion Promoters and Coupling Agents, Low-profile Agents, and Thickening Agents).
For each major material, information is provided on application, historical and current consumption, leading suppliers, and other industry information insofar as possible.
3. PLASTICS RESINS
-Engineering Thermoplastics (Nylon, Polycarbonates, Polyacetals, Polyphenyl Oxide, Polyphenyl Sulfide, Polyphenylene sulfide, Polysulfone, Polyimides, Polyetherimide) Polyamide-imide, Polyetheretherketone, and Fluoropolymers).
-Polymer Alloys and Blends
-Thermoplastic Polyesters (Polyethylene Terephthalate, PEN, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Polyarylates, Aromatic Homopolymers, Liquid Crystal Polymers, and Unsaturated Polyesters)
-Polyethylenes (High Density Polyethylene, UHMW Polyethylene, Low Density Polyethylene and Linear Low Density Polyethylene, and Polyethylene Copolymers)
-Polyurethanes (Flexible foams, Rigid foams, and Elastomers)
-Thermoplastic Elastomers (Styrenic block copolymers, Olefinic types, Polyurethanes, Thermoplastic copolyesters, and Copolyamide elastomers and Alloys)
-Vinyls (Polyvinyl Chloride, including Rigid vinyls and Flexible vinyls)
For each product type, the following information is provided: product description, historical production and sales, capacity and production in 1999 and 2000, forecast to 2004, industry structure, prices, and sales of leading producers.
4. PLASTICS PROCESSING, FORMS AND MARKETS
-Processing (Calendering; Casting; Extrusion (Flat web extrusion, Extruded film, Coextrusion, Rod or irregular profiles, Pipe, tubing and conduit, Wire and cable extrusion, and Continuos Monofilaments).
-Foam Processing (Expandable, Extruded, Melt processible, and Multi-component liquid); Laminating (Structural laminates and Decorative laminates); Molding (Injection Molding, Reaction Injection Molding, Blow Molding, Compression Molding, Transfer molding, Rotational Molding); and Thermoforming.
-Plastic Forms (Reinforced Plastics, including Mat, Preform, Prepeg, Premix, and Matched), Semifinished Products, Finished Products.
-Markets (Packaging, including Containers, Film, and Pallets; Building and Construction, including Pipe, Fittings, Tubing, and Conduit; Siding and Related Profile Extrusions, Resin-bonded Wood Products, and Other Applications; Consumer and Institutional; Electrical/ electronic; Appliances; Transportation, including Interior Applications, Exterior Applications, and Under-the Hood Applications; Furniture; and Other markets).
For each major product type, the following information is provided insofar as possible: product description, historical production and sales, sales and production in 1999, forecast to 2004, industry structure, prices, and sales of leading producers.
5. INDUSTRY SOURCES OF INFORMATION
This chapter provides a listing of meetings, exhibits, and trade shows, sources of statistical information, trade associations, technical and professional societies, and trade and technical periodicals.
6. DIRECTORY OF 1,503 PLASTICS COMPANIES
This section, containing 289 pages, profiles all producers of resins and fabricators of plastic products with US sales over $15 million in 1999, both public and private. Included in each profile are name, address, phone, fax, web site, plant locations, estimated total sales in 1999, product line description including estimated sales by product whenever possible, and recent mergers and acquisitions.
6A. CROSS REFERENCE
This subsection provides a cross-reference of suppliers and subsidiaries and divisions provides an easy method for finding companies not listed in the Directory.
Appendix 1. ACQUISITIONS 1995-2000
This Appendix lists 779 mergers and acquisitions in the U.S. plastics industry for the last five years.