Although China’s economic growth posted continuous downturn, China financial leasing industry maintained fast increase since 2014, with total turnover reaching around RMB 3,420 billion as of the end of March 2015, up about RMB 220 billion compared to the end of 2014. The number of enterprises totaled 2,661, an increase of 459 compared to the end of 2014. The number of foreign leasing enterprises enjoyed the fastest growth, being 2,440, an increase of 420.
With respect of application segments, the aviation financial leasing business presented continuous growth. As of the end of Sep. 2014, the China Civil Aviation Industry had nearly 2,200 passenger planes. Among them, 1,500 planes were from leasing (including 40% of financing leasing). This was due to continuous business expansion and promotion of cross-border leasing product of banking leasing companies.
As of the end of 2014, ICBC Financial Leasing owns and manages over 420 planes, with customers covering more than 50 front-line airline companies. It has delivered 216 planes (including 213 commercial planes delivered for operation). The company’s aircraft leasing assets exceeded RMB 70 billion. China Development Bank Leasing owns 43 airline company customers (including 15 domestic tenants and 28 overseas tenants) distributed in 23 countries and regions. CDB Leasing establishes business management platforms respectively in Shenzhen (headquarter), Shanghai Free Trade Zone, Tianjin Free Trade Zone, and Ireland.
Since 2014, financing leasing of the shipping industry, second only to bank lending, has become the second largest ship financing channel. In 2014, Minsheng Financial Leasing, Bank of Communications Financial Leasing and China State Shipbuilding accumulatively built more than 4 million dead weight tons of ships and contributed a large sum of orders for China’s shipbuilding industry with innovative financial model.
Due to a continuous downturn in the shipping industry and poor performance of enterprises, banking financial leasing companies are more and more cautious when it comes to expanding shipping business, and focus more on high-end shipbuilding industry business. Take ICBC Financial Leasing for example. Its shipping business’ main investment objects are marine engineering ships, assets from which took up 15% of total shipping business assets in 2013 and further to 51% in 2014.
The China Financial Leasing Industry Report focuses on the following:
- Business environment of financial leasing industry in China, including policy environment, economic environment, social environment as well as the development of the global financial leasing industry;
- Operation of China's financial leasing industry, including the enterprises’ type and number, business transactions, registered capital, earnings, regional distribution, as well as the problems in the industry development;
- The key application areas of China's financial leasing industry, including aviation, shipping, engineering machinery, medical devices, printing equipment, rail transportation equipment, telecommunications and IT industry, security and protection industry, radio and television industry, and automobile industry;
- 10 financial leasing companies, 8 domestic-funded leasing companies and 7 foreign-funded leasing companies in China, including operation, financial leasing and financing channels of the enterprises, etc. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Overview of Financial Leasing Industry
1.1 Definition and Characteristics
1.2 Business Forms and Applications
2. Operating Environment of China Financial Leasing Industry
2.1 Policy Environment
2.2 Economic Environment
2.2.1 GDP Growth
2.2.2 Fixed Asset Investment Growth
2.3 Social Environment
2.4 Global Financial Leasing Industry Development
3. Operation of China Financial Leasing Industry
3.1 Number of Enterprises
3.2 Business Volume
3.3 Registered Capital
3.3.1 Financial Leasing Enterprises
3.3.2 Domestic-funded Financial Leasing Enterprises
3.3.3 Foreign-funded Financial Leasing Enterprises
3.4 Regional Development
3.5 Enterprises’ Profitability
3.5.1 Profit Model
4. Key Fields of China Financial Leasing Industry
4.1 Financial Leasing of Aviation Industry
4.1.1 Development of Air Transport Industry
4.1.2 Leasing Type
4.1.3 Market Development
4.1.4 Market Competition
4.1.5 Major Aircraft Leasing Enterprises
4.1.6 Development Outlook
4.2 Financial Leasing of Shipping Industry
4.2.1 Development of Shipping Industry
4.2.2 Leasing Type
4.2.3 Market Development
4.2.4 Market Competition
4.3 Financial Leasing of Construction Machinery
4.3.1 Development of Construction Machinery Industry
4.3.2 Market Development
4.3.3 Market Competition
4.4 Financial Leasing of Medical Equipment
4.4.1 Development of Medical Equipment Industry
4.4.2 Market Development
4.4.3 Market Competition
4.5 Financial Leasing of Printing Equipment
4.5.1 Development of Printing Equipment Industry
4.5.2 Market Development
4.6 Financial Leasing of Railway Transportation Equipment
4.6.1 Development of Railway Transportation Industry
4.6.2 Market Development
4.7 Financial Leasing of Telecom & IT Industries
4.7.1 Development of Telecom & IT Industry
4.7.2 Market Development
4.8 Financial Leasing in Security Industry
4.8.1 Development of Security Industry
4.8.2 Market Development
4.9 Financial Leasing in Radio & TV Industry
4.9.1 Development of Radio & TV Industry
4.9.2 Market Development
4.9.3 Key Enterprises
4.10 Financial Leasing in Automotive Industry
4.10.1 Development of Automobile Industry
4.10.2 Market Development
4.10.3 Market Competition
5. Key Financial Leasing Enterprises in China
5.1 ICBC Financial Leasing Co. Ltd.
5.1.3 Financial Leasing Business
5.1.4 Aviation Leasing Business
5.1.5 Shipping Leasing Business
5.1.6 Large-size Equipment and Automobile Leasing Business
5.1.7 Financial Leasing Business
5.2 CDB Financial Leasing Co. Ltd.
5.2.3 Financial Leasing Business
5.2.4 Financial Leasing Business
5.2.5 Regional Focus--Tianjin
5.3 Bank of Communications Finance Leasing Co., Ltd.
5.3.3 Financial Leasing Business
5.3.4 Financial Channel
5.4 Kunlun Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
5.4.2 Financial Leasing Business
5.5 Minsheng Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
5.5.3 Financial Leasing Business
5.5.4 Financial Channel
5.6 Industrial Bank Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
5.6.3 Financial Leasing Business
5.6.4 Financial Channel
5.7 CCB Financial Leasing Co. Ltd.
5.7.3 Financial Channel
5.8 CMB Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
5.8.3 Financial Leasing Business
5.8.4 Financial Channel
5.9 China Huarong Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
5.9.3 Financial Leasing Business
5.9.4 Financial Channel
5.10 Taiping & Sinopec Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
6. Key Domestic-funded Financial Leasing Enterprises in China
6.1 Tianjin Bohai Leasing Company
6.1.3 Financial Leasing Business
6.1.4 Financial Channel
6.2 Changjiang Leasing Co., Ltd.
6.3 Puhang Lease Co., Ltd.
6.4 Guotai Leasing Limited Company
6.4.2 Development Course
6.4.3 Financial Leasing Business
6.4.4 Financial Channel
6.5 ALL Trust Leasing Co., Ltd.
6.5.2 Development Course
6.5.3 Financial Leasing Business
6.6 AVIC Leasing Co., Ltd.
6.6.3 Financial Leasing Business
6.7 JIC Leasing Limited Liability Company
6.7.2 Financial Leasing Business
6.8 ZOOMLION Financial Leasing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
7. Key Foreign-funded Financial Leasing Enterprises in China
7.1 Shandong Chenming Finance Leasing Co., Ltd.
7.2 International Far Eastern Leasing Co., Ltd.
7.3 Ping An International Financial Lease Co., Ltd.
7.3.2 Financial Leasing Business
7.4 HaitongUniTrust International Leasing Corporation
7.4.2 Financial Leasing Business
7.4.3 Financial Channel
7.5 Guangzhou Yuexiu Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
7.5.2 Development Course
7.6 Lei Shing Hong Financial Lease (China) Co., Ltd.
7.7 Yangtze River International Leasing Co., Ltd.
8. Market Overview and Development Outlook
8.1 Market Overview
8.1.1 Operating Indicators
8.1.2 Key Fields
8.2 Development Outlook
8.2.2 Business Volume Forecast
8.2.3 Market Competition Forecast
- ALL Trust Leasing Co., Ltd
- AVIC Leasing Co., Ltd
- Bank of Communications Finance Leasing Co., Ltd
- CCB Financial Leasing Co. Ltd
- CDB Financial Leasing Co. Ltd
- CMB Financial Leasing Co., Ltd
- Changjiang Leasing Co., Ltd
- China Huarong Financial Leasing Co., Ltd
- Guangzhou Yuexiu Financial Leasing Co., Ltd
- Guotai Leasing Limited Company
- HaitongUniTrust International Leasing Corporation
- ICBC Financial Leasing Co. Ltd
- Industrial Bank Financial Leasing Co., Ltd
- International Far Eastern Leasing Co., Ltd
- JIC Leasing Limited Liability Company
- Kunlun Financial Leasing Co., Ltd
- Lei Shing Hong Financial Lease (China) Co., Ltd
- Minsheng Financial Leasing Co., Ltd
- Ping An International Financial Lease Co., Ltd
- Puhang Lease Co., Ltd
- Shandong Chenming Finance Leasing Co., Ltd
- Taiping & Sinopec Financial Leasing Co., Ltd
- Tianjin Bohai Leasing Company
- Yangtze River International Leasing Co., Ltd
- ZOOMLION Financial Leasing (Beijing) Co., Ltd