• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Competitive Range Analysis: Home Textiles 2005
Verdict Research Limited, May 2006, Pages: 84
This report is designed to offer unrivalled UK competitor information on pricing, offer width and range depth in home textiles. It allows you to see a retailers offering as customers see it, comparing ranges alongside those of its competitors and examines not only what is bought, but how and why those decisions will have been made.
Scope of this report
- Our specialist in-store auditing team, FieldForce, have carried out product audits in select product markets, across key competitor groups.
- Information is summarised in an easy to use graphical format, providing sector summary information and product group information.
- Each report provides market data with five year trend, identification & evaluation of key market trend and channels of distribution data.
- There is also detailed analysis of retailer space allocation data and range analysis at product group and sector level.
Research and analysis highlights
The John Lewis brand remains synonymous with all things home related. The retailer offers by far the most comprehensive range of home textiles of those audited. With just short of 1,200 product styles, it has almost three times the market average of 434. The retailer leads the competitor set in all categories except bedding.
Price coverage in the market is wide ranging, driven largely by House of Frasers exit price point on soft furnishings. The market average original price is only £29.54, compared to £104.35 at House of Fraser. Driven by its extremely narrow product choice, Sainsburys has the lowest original price at only £5.45.
Key reasons to read this report
- Benchmark range and offer - enabling you to manage a compelling range offer, and to analyse your ranges alongside those of your competitors.
- Identify key price points, entry level offers and range coverage to find gaps in the market and target areas of growth potential.
- Plan future seasons ranging, anticipating market trends.
Market Analysis 4
Key Findings 11
Competitive Range Analysis:
Summary of sector positioning 13
Bath Mats 20
Duvet Sets 48
Soft Furnishings 62
Tea Towels 69