The convergence of voice and data into one network brings a market shift that is not well understood by enterprise IT managers. The need for reliable voice transmission continues at the same time managers seek to decrease network costs by merging hitherto separate voice and data networks.
The implementation of voice over IP brings further complexity to enterprise networks. Voice over IP means that networks must support quality of service (QoS), which brings added complexity to converged networks.
Network complexity is increasing to the point where many enterprises, and even carriers cannot build and optimize their own networks. They need outside help from network outsourcers.
Enterprise network outsourcing markets at $70.2 billion in 2001 are expected to grow significantly in the next five years to $154.7 billion by 2007.
The key topics covered in this report include:
- Company Market Classification
- Telecommunications Equipment Provider Market Shares
- Telecommunications Services Provider Market Shares
- Computer Equipment Provider Market Shares
- Enterprise Network Outsourcing Market Growth Opportunities
- Independent Outsourcing Provider Market Shares
- Systems Integrator Provider Market Shares
- Telecommunications Equipment Provider Segment
- Telecommunications Services Provider Segment
- Computer Equipment Provider Segment
- Standalone Independent Outsourcing Provider Segment Systems Integrator Provider Segment
- Telecommunications Equipment Manufacturers
- Telecommunications Service Providers
- Information and Communication Mobile (ICM)
Following is a list of the companies profiled in this report:
- Cisco Systems
- Hewlett Packer
- International Business Machines
- Lucent Technologies
This report consists of over 300 pages and includes over 75 tables and figures.