This report details both the performance improvements that nanotechnologies will enable as well as providing market sizes for both nano-enabled textile products and the nanomaterials that will be used from 2006-2012.
The report separates the hype from the reality and answers key questions such as :
- What sectors will be most impacted by nanotechnologies , and why?
- Which nanotechnologies affect which textile properties and why?
- Which application areas are forecast to experience the highest growth?
- Where will the applications of nanotechnologies impact both cost and performance?
- Who is already making use of nanotechnologies in the textile industry, and in which markets?
Who should read this report and why ?
- Textile manufacturers across the entire value chain from thread to finished goods
- Producers of technical and medical textiles
- Sportswear and performance textile producers
- Suppliers of materials and equipment to the textile industry
- Textile and fashion designers
- Investors in the textile and nanotechnology sectors
- Government officials responsible for the textile sector
Objectives of the Report
World Textiles and Clothing
Macro and Micro Value Chain of Textiles Industry
Why Textiles Go Nano
Nanotechnology in Textiles
Nanotechnology in Some Textile-related Categories
CURRENT APPLICATIONS OF NANOTECHNOLOGY IN TEXTILE PRODUCTION
Nanotechnology in Fibres and Yarns
Nanotechnology in Fabrics
Nanotechnology in Textile Finishing – Dyeing and Coating
NANOTECHNOLOGY APPLICATIONS IN MEDICAL TEXTILES
Summary of Nanotechnology Applications in Medical Textiles
Current Applications of Nanotechnology in Medical Textiles
Current Adopters of Nanotechnology in Medical Textiles
Products and Markets
Costs and Benefits
Future Projections for Nanotechnology in Medical Textiles
Drivers and Barriers
The Major Providers of Nanotechnology in Medical Textiles
APPENDIX I: NANOTECHNOLOGY AND APPLICATIONS MATRIX
APPENDIX II: NANOTECHNOLOGY PROVIDERS IN THE TEXTILE SECTOR
APPENDIX III: OTHER RELATED COMPANIES AND INSTITUTES