Microneedle technology is attaining commercial viability at a time when drug developers are faced with new challenges as they assess ways to administer new classes of compounds with significant therapeutic potential. The widespread availability of rapid throughput screening is accelerating the discovery of new drugs, a significant number of which are large-molecule therapeutic compounds that cannot tolerate passage through the digestive system, requiring pharmaceutical companies to forego oral formulations and select alternate routes of administration. Microneedle technology has the potential address the growing trend toward self-administration by allowing the precise placement of therapeutic agents at prescribed locations below the skin. To succeed, developers must refine the techniques for large-scale manufacturing and advance the design integration of microneedles into commercially viable drug delivery systems.
What Your Will Learn
- What approved drug products are currently supplied in microneedle devices and systems, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
- Who are the branded microneedle drug delivery device and system suppliers, their manufacturing infrastructure and locations, their capabilities?
- What are the major factors that are influencing demand for microneedle drug delivery?
- How important are drug developer-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for microneedle drug delivery products?
- What are the important therapeutic markets for microneedle delivery products and what is their market share now? What will it be in 2020?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for prefilled syringes? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
2. Microneedle Design & Technology
- Microneedle Product Categories
- Solid Microneedles
- Hollow Microneedles
- Coated Microneedles
- Dissolving Microneedles
- Syringe-mounted Microneedles
- Microneedle Arrays & Array Geometries
- Microneedle Manufacturing
- Material Selection Issues
- Fabrication Techniques
- Emerging Fabrication Methods
3. Microneedle Drug Delivery – Market Factors
- Drug Delivery & Self-Administration
- Unmet Needs
- Chronic Conditions & Dosing Frequency
- Patient Safety and Compliance
- Market Drivers
- Shifting Patient Demographics
- Vaccine Dose Sparing
- Managed Care Initiatives
- Government Technology Transfer Programs
4. Microneedle Drug Delivery Assessments
- Branded Platforms
- Branded Devices
- Combination Products
- McirCor PTH
- Development-stage Devices
- PKA SoftTouch
5. Near-Terms Markets - Sector Assessments and Forecasts
- Genetic/DNA/Nucleotide Therapeutics
- Metabolic Conditions