Bahrain Autos Report Q1 2016
- ID: 3526556
- January 2016
- Region: Bahrain
- 32 pages
- Business Monitor International
- 2015 has proved another positive year for Bahraini new car sales, which should be on track for over 70,000 units sold by year end.
- Looking forward, this industry remains optimistic on the medium-term outlook for the sector, targeting 21.3%
growth, to around the 87,000 unit mark by 2019.
- One support to overall passenger car sales numbers as we move into 2016 should come from the July 2015 announcement by Bahrain's minister of transportation and telecommunications, Kamal Ahmed, who unveiled plans to improve the country's public transport system by boosting the number of taxis.
- One further area of support for PC sales over our forecast period to 2019 could come from the key car rental market, with Bahrain set to benefit from increased tourism flows.
Table: Autos Total Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Bahrain 2013-2019)
Sales Set To Slow Slightly In 2016
Table: Passenger Car Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Bahrain 2013-2019)
Table: Bahrain - Top 10 Manufacturers By Sales, 2014
Table: Commercial Vehicle Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Bahrain 2013-2019)
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
MENA - Risk/Reward Index
Iran The Epitome Of 'High Risk, High Reward'
GCC Leads On Stability
Conflict Risks Are Pertinent
Al Zayani Investments
Ebrahim K Kanoo
Industry Trend Analysis
Table: MENA Autos Production Investments
North Africa Fulfilling Potential
Positive Signs For Iraq
Table: Population Headline Indicators (Bahrain 1990-2025)
Table: Key Population Ratios (Bahrain 1990-2025)
Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (Bahrain 1990-2025)
Table: Population By Age Group (Bahrain 1990-2025)
Table: Population By Age Group % (Bahrain 1990-2025)
Risk/Reward Index Methodology
Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators