Colombia Autos Report 2016
- ID: 3526573
- January 2016
- Region: Colombia
- 34 pages
- Business Monitor International
A combination of a weakening peso and the likelihood of further interest rate rises in H116 both pose significant challenges to Colombia's new vehicle sales market in 2016. We are targeting a 3% increase in sales, with commercial vehicles set to outperform passenger cars.
- Vehicle sales have fallen sharply over 2015, against the backdrop of a slowdown caused by a drop in the global oil price.
- In this weak environment, heavy trucks have proved the outperformers, falling by only 1.3%, compared to a 10.5% fall across the market as a whole.
- We expect the outperformance by commercial vehicles over passenger cars to continue over 2016-2017,
although passenger cars will continue to represent the lion's share of all vehicles sold in Colombia.
- Colombia is becoming increasingly attractive as a location for automakers, with Chinese carmaker Beiqi Foton Motor and Indian motorcycle maker Hero MotoCorp both opening new plants over 2015.
Table: Autos Total Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Colombia 2013-2019)
Sales Set For A Challenging Few Years
Production Set For Steady Growth Over Our Forecast Period
Public Transport A Growth Area For Alternative Fuels
Table: Passenger Car Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Colombia 2013-2019)
Table: Colombia - Top 10 Best-Selling Brands, 10M15
Table: Commercial Vehicle Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Colombia 2013-2019)
Industry Risk Reward Index
Mexico Move Reflects Investor Activity
Brazil On The Bubble
Central America A Work In Progress
Table: Latin America - Autos Production Investment
Table: Population Headline Indicators (Colombia 1990-2025)
Table: Key Population Ratios (Colombia 1990-2025)
Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (Colombia 1990-2025)
Table: Population By Age Group (Colombia 1990-2025)
Table: Population By Age Group % (Colombia 1990-2025)
Risk/Reward Index Methodology
Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators