Syringes that can be prefilled on standard fill-and-finish lines have had a dramatic effect on the way injectable drugs are developed, prescribed and administered. This impact has been accelerated by the introduction and evolution of autoinjectors – devices that are designed to accept a standard prefilled syringe and form an outer user-friendly device package that simplifies the injection process. Autoinjectors enable a significantly larger segment of the patient population to self-administer injectables. This report analyzes eleven important therapeutic segments and examines the impact of autoinjectors on injectable drug markets.
What You Will Learn
- What autoinjectors can be paired with prefilled syringes for injectable drug delivery; what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers and commercial devices in key product segments?
- What are the design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- How big is the market? How is it growing? What will it look like in 2024?
- Who are the leading injectable drug and device participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on autoinjector commercialization and market access?
- What is the impact of wirelessly connected autoinjectors on patient care and market growth?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for autoinjectors?
1. Executive Summary
2. The Market Opportunity
3. Delivery Market Dynamics
- The Economics of Injectable Drugs
- What’s Driving the Growth in Autoinjectors?
- Prefilled Devices Proliferating
- The Trend toward Self-Administration
- Shifting Demographics
- Innovation in Disposable Device Designs
- Therapeutic Demand Drivers
- Competitive Landscape
- Risk Factors
4. Autoinjectors - Commercial Devices
- Manual Injection Autoinjectors
- Automated Injection Autoinjectors
- Reusable Autoinjectors
- Disposable Autoinjectors
- Variable Dose Autoinjectors
- Smart Autoinjectors
- Product Specific Autoinjectors
5. Autoinjector Device Design Factors
- Material Selection Issues
- Part Counts and Device Cost
- Safety Features
- Needle Insertion Depth
- Dose Inspection/Injection Confirmation
- Wireless Connectivity
- Lyophilized Drugs/Reconstitution
- Human Engineering/Ergonomics
6. Autoinjector Drug Delivery - Therapeutic Sector Analysis
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Reproductive Health
7. Market Factors
- Regulatory Issues
- Device Branding
- Patient Compliance and Ease of Use
- Healthcare Economics
8. Company Profiles