Canada Information Technology Report Q1 2016
- ID: 3608846
- January 2016
- Region: Canada
- 68 pages
- Business Monitor International
Our outlook for the Canadian IT sector has been positively revised and we are now more optimistic about its future growth prospects. We estimate that IT spending in Canada will grow by 3.1% in 2016 to reach a total market value of CAD63.7bn in local currency terms. We believe this will be driven by the software and services markets wherein which we envisage enterprise spending outperformance,
including the adoption of cloud computing, Internet of Things, real-time software and services and big data analytics. Although the hardware segment has limited growth prospects it should be noted that Canada is a highly lucrative market due to high per capita incomes and a consumer preference for premium devices.
Therefore, while it will not offer unit and top-line financial growth prospects, it will continue to offer vendors an attractive market with wider margins than the likes of those in Latin America.
Latest Updates & Industry Developments
- Computer Hardware Sales: CAD21.13bn in 2016, forecast to reach CAD22.79bn in 2019. We expect the hardware market to record slower growth to 2019 than other segments due to the maturity of the market, with high levels of device ownership.
- The overall IT market's growth engine is set to become increasingly concentrated on enterprise demand for the latest software and services such as real-time enterprise software and services, big data analytics and cloud computing.
- Software Sales: CAD13.77bn in 2016, forecast to reach CAD15.67bn in 2019.
- IT Services Sales: CAD63.73bn in 2016, forecast to reach CAD71.22bn in 2019.
Table: IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (Canada 2012-2019)
Industry Risk Reward Index
Table: Americas IT Risk/Reward Index, Q116
Table: Canada Cloud Vendor Developments
Industry Trends And Developments
Table: Regulatory Authorities
Table: BlackBerry Limited
Table: IBM Canada
Table: Microsoft Canada
Table: Salesforce om
Table: Dealertrack Technologies
Table: Population Headline Indicators (Canada 1990-2025)
Table: Key Population Ratios (Canada 1990-2025)
Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (Canada 1990-2025)
Table: Population By Age Group (Canada 1990-2025)
Table: Population By Age Group % (Canada 1990-2025)
Industry Forecast Methodology
Risk/Reward Index Methodology
Table: IT Risk/Reward Index Indicators
Table: Weighting Of Components