North American Cargo Management Aftermarket - Smaller Vehicles will Drive Demand for Storage and Towing Accessories
- Language: English
- 199 Pages
- Published: May 2013
- Region: North America, United States
Steady Prices Key to Lowering Price Competitiveness in Vehicle Organizer Aftermarket
As the dominance and multiplicity of mass merchants and retailers grows, the price sensitivity in the vehicle organizer aftermarket is on the rise. In the external organization segment, the prominent role of mass merchants and retailers combined with the sector’s retail-oriented nature is contributing to price competition. The internal organization category is also witnessing intense rivalry for similar reasons along with the evolving importance of warehouse clubs. Participants must ensure that prices remain stable regardless of the growing demand to safeguard against end user and distributor price sensitivity.
This Frost & Sullivan strategic analysis covers the North American organizer aftermarket. The study provides a comprehensive overview of market categories - cargo bars, ratcheting cargo bars, cargo bars with storage nets, saddlebags, exterior cargo nets, soft-sided trunk organizers, folding trunk organizers, trunk nets, soft-sided seat organizers, headrest organizers, truck cab organizers, and storage nets. Vital information on the competitive environment and revenue forecasts has also been included.
Price Differentiation Cultivates Intense Competition
End user focus on pricing over technical benefits is fostering a strong competitive environment in the organizer aftermarket. The stress on pricing is furthered by the growing power of mass merchants and retailers. This price rise is expected to divert consumer attention to lower-priced alternatives, which could function as effective substitutes.
Offshore manufacturing is another solution that can stabilize and lower product pricing, especially in the external organizing accessories market, says the analyst of this research. In addition, manufacturers must work toward providing end users with an economically priced and diverse product line compared with the existing products in order to diffuse price sensitivity.
Vehicle Organizing Aftermarket to Witness Price and Unit Shipments Increase
Prices and unit shipments are expected to increase in the interior and exterior organizer aftermarket sectors resulting in revenue growth and rising profit margins. However, with the market maturing, prices are anticipated to remain nominal, particularly in categories like saddlebags, observes the analyst. The domination of certain categories in the retail channels also aids in maintaining reasonable pricing.
SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Executive Summary
- 1. Executive Summary
- - 1. Executive Summary
2. Exterior Organizing Accessories Aftermarket
- 1. Exterior Organizing Accessories Aftermarket
- - 1. Total Exterior Organizing Accessories Aftermarket
- - 2. Cargo Bars Aftermarket
- - 3. Ratcheting Cargo Bars Aftermarket
- - 4. Cargo Bars with Storage Nets
- - 5. Saddle Bags
- - 6. Exterior Cargo Nets
3. Interior Organizing Accessories Aftermarket
- 1. Interior Organizing Accessories Aftermarket
- - 1. Total Interior Organizing Accessories Aftermarket
- - 2. Soft Sided Trunk Organizers Aftermarket
- - 3. Hard Sided Folding Trunk Organizers Aftermarket
- - 4. Trunk Nets Aftermarket
- - 5. Soft Sided Seat Organizers Aftermarket
- - 6. Headrest Organizers Aftermarket
- - 7. Truck Cab Organizers Aftermarket
- - 8. Storage Nets Aftermarket
4. Conclusions and Recommendations
- 1. Conclusions and Recommendations
- - 1. Conclusions and Recommendations