- Spending habits of Middle Eastern HNWIs, including: art, classic cars, collectables, prime real estate, second homes review, travel & dining, super-luxury watches and behavioral mapping.
- Middle Eastern countries ranked by HNWIs and multi-millionaires.
- The top performing Middle Eastern countries for HNWIs.
- The top Middle Eastern cities for HNWIs and multi-millionaires.
- Middle Eastern countries ranked by average wealth per person.
- Review of the Middle Eastern wealth management sector, including major players by AuM.
- There are approximately 480,000 HNWIs living in Middle East, with combined wealth holdings of US$2.5 trillion.
- There are approximately 25,000 multi-millionaires living in the Middle East, each with net assets of US$10 million or more.
- Approximately US$310 billion of Middle Eastern HNWI wealth is tied up with wealth management companies.
- The UAE is the largest wealth management center in the Middle East with AuM of approximately US$90 billion at the end of 2015.
- We estimate the Middle Eastern private banking market will grow by 6% per annum over the next 10 years.
- The most promising emerging ME markets for private banking are Jordan, Israel and Iran.
- In the Middle East, around US$165 billion is tied up in venture capital companies and foundations that are linked to the wealthy.
1.1 What is this Report About?
1.3 Sources and methodology
2 Country statisitcs
2.1 Benchmarking the Middle East’s Wealth in Context
2.1.1 World statistics
2.1.2 Middle East statistics
2.2 Wealth per capita rankings
2.3 HNWI rankings
2.4 HNWI trends since 2007
2.5 HNWI forecasts to 2025
3 City statistics
4 Spending habits of Middle Eastern HNWIs
4.2 Prime real estate
4.3 Second homes abroad
4.4 Second homes in own country
4.5 Travel & Dining
4.6 Super luxury men’s watches
4.7 Behavioral mapping
5 Wealth management in the Middle East
5.1 Private banking
5.2 Family offices
5.3 Foundations and venture capital companies linked to HNWIs
6 About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Middle East: HNWI wealth band definitions
Table 2: Middle East: Wealth per capita by country, 2015
Table 3: Middle East: HNWIs by country, 2015
Table 4: Middle East: HNWI growth by country, 2007-2015
Table 5: Middle East: HNWI growth forecast by country, 2015-2025
Table 6: Middle East: Top cities for HNWIs, 2015
Table 7: Middle East: Trends in Art, Wine and Wheels, 2007 - 2015
Table 8: Middle East: Popular classic cars for Middle Eastern HNWIs, 2015
Table 9: Middle East: Major cities ranked by US$ per square meter, 2015
Table 10: Middle East: Top selling super-luxury watch brands (men only), 2015
Table 11: Middle East: Top 10 private banks by AuM, 2015
List of Figures
Figure 1: Middle East: Asset Price Performance (US$ terms), 2007–2015
Figure 2: Middle East: Behavioral Mapping of HNWIs, 2015
- Bank Hapoalim
- Bank Leumi
- Credit Suisse
- Deutsche Bank
- Emirates NDB
- Falcon Private Bank
- JP Morgan
- Julius Baer
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- Safra Sarasin (Bank Sarasin Alpen)
- Societe Generale
- Standard Chartered
- United Gulf Bank