- Demographics including city and sector breakdowns of Ivory Coast HNWIs.
- Spending habits of Ivory Coast HNWIs, including: collectables, prime real estate, second homes, travel, luxury clothing and luxury cars.
- Detailed review of local wealth management sector.
- Independent market sizing of Ivory Coast HNWIs across five wealth bands.
- Ivory Coast wealth scorecard - insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth in Ivory Coast.
- Benchmarking Ivory Coast’s wealth in context, compared to the rest of Africa.
- Historical and forecast wealth and HNWI growth rates.
- There are approximately 2,300 HNWIs living in Ivory Coast, with combined wealth holdings of US$18 billion.
- During the review period, Ivorian HNWI volumes increased by 77% from approximately 1,300 HNWIs in 2007 to 2,300 HNWIs in 2015. HNWI wealth rose by 80%, from US$10 billion in 2007 to US$18 billion in 2015.
- Growth was positively impacted by strong growth in the local basic materials, transport, construction, telecoms and financial services sectors.
- Private Banks that currently offer wealth advisory services in Ivory Coast include: Citibank, Ecobank, Societe Generale and Standard Chartered.
- The author expects the number of Ivorian HNWIs to grow by 120%, to reach approximately 5,100 by 2025. This will make Ivory Coast the second best performing HNWI market in Africa, after Mauritius.
1.1 What is this Report About?
1.3 Sources and methodology
2 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
2.1 Regional landscape
2.2 Economic Review
2.3 Benchmarking Ivory Coast’s Wealth in Context
2.3.1 World statistics
2.3.2 Distribution of wealth in Ivory Coast
2.3.3 HNWI volume and wealth trends
2.4 Ivory Coast’s wealth scorecard & growth prospects
3 Findings from HNWI Database
3.1 HNWI city breakdown
3.2 HNWI industry breakdown
3.3 Trends in higher wealth bands: multi-millionaires
4 Spending habits of Ivorian HNWIs
4.2 Prime real estate
4.3 Second homes abroad
4.4 Travel & Dining
4.5 Largest luxury markets
4.6 Luxury clothing & accessory brand stores
4.7 Luxury cars
4.8 Other popular luxuries for Ivorian HNWIs
5 The Wealth Management Sector in Ivory Coast
6 Additional insights
6.1 HNWI summary - Africa
List of Tables
Table 1: Ivory Coast: HNWI wealth band and group definitions
Table 2: Ivory Coast: Cities by population, 2015
Table 3: Ivory Coast: Top cities for HNWIs, 2015
Table 4: Ivory Coast: Trends in Art, Wine and Wheels, 2007 - 2015
Table 5: Africa: Areas ranked by US$ per square meter, 2015
Table 6: Ivory Coast: Top foreign second homes hotspots for Ivorian HNWIs, 2015
Table 7: Africa: Largest luxury markets by revenue, 2015
Table 8: Ivory Coast: Luxury brand stores, 2015
Table 9: Ivory Coast: Upcoming luxury brand stores, 2015
Table 10: Ivory Coast: Upcoming car dealerships, 2015
Table 11: Ivory Coast: Popular luxury items bought by local HNWIs, 2015
Table 12: Ivory Coast: Companies that offer wealth advisory services in country, 2015
Table 13: Ivory Coast: Foreign wealth managers that have expressed interest in country, 2015
Table 14: Africa: HNWI growth forecast by country, 2015-2025
List of Figures
Figure 1: Ivory Coast: Map of country
Figure 2: Ivory Coast: Asset Price Performance (US$ terms), 2007–2015
Figure 3: Ivory Coast: HNWIs by Industry, 2015