• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
U.S. Digital Terrestrial TV Market: From HDTV to Multicasting
Digital Tech Consulting, Inc, March 2003, Pages: 20
Now that the analog to digital TV transition has been kickstarted, you need the details about digital TV transmission,equipment, programming and carriage.
Whether it’s hard data on the breakdown between high-definition and standard definition broadcasts, or forecasts on shipments of digital terrestrial receivers, this report is an indispensable resource for thriving in this important market.
This data rich report will answer the following questions:
- How many digital TV stations are broadcasting native HD programs by network affiliation and station ownership?
- How many digital TV stations are multicasting?
- Which companies lead in the installation of digital TV transmitters?
- Which companies lead in the installation of digital encoders to terrestrial broadcasters?
- How many local stations are having their digital TV signals carried by cable operators? Which cable operators are the leaders in carrying those signals?
- How will the FCC tuner mandate and the consumer electronics’ and cable operators’ MOU impact future digital tuner sales?
- How many digital tuners are estimated to ship into the U.S. market in 2006?
Chapter 1: Terrestrial Activity
Transmission: HD, SD and Wide Screen
Total digital terrestrial TV stations (1998 through 1Q 2003)
% transmitting HDTV signal
% transmitting SDTV signal
DTV stations transmitting HDTV by network affiliation
DTV stations transmitting SDTV by network affiliation
Number of digital TV stations by ownership
% of HDTV and SDTV stations by ownership
Total number of stations broadcasting wide-screen programs
% of DTV stations transmitting more than one digital signal simultaneously
% of DTV stations transmitting more than one digital signal simultaneously by network affiliation
% of DTV stations transmitting more than one digital signal simultaneously by ownership
DTV stations transmitting high-power vs. low-power signals
% transmitting high-power and low-power signals by network affiliation
% transmitting high-power and low-power signals by ownership
Transmitters and encoders
Installed base of digital transmitters
Current digital transmitter market share by supplier
Installed base of digital encoders
Current digital encoder market share by supplier
Chapter 2: Cable and Satellite Activity
Total number of stations with cable or satellite carriage of digital signal
Carriage of digital terrestrial TV signals by major cable operator
% of digital stations with cable carriage by network affiliation
% of digital stations with cable carriage by ownership
Chapter 3: High Definition Programming
Total number of HDTV programming hours per week
Number of high-definition programming hours by type of programmer (television network, traditional cable network and other)
Total number of HDTV program hours per week being aired by platform (terrestrial, cable, satellite)
Chapter 4: HDTV/SDTV tuners
Set-top Boxes and Integrated TV Sets
Estimated shipments of digital terrestrial tuners (2002-2006)
% of total receivers shipped as set-top boxes (2002-2006)
% of total receivers shipped as integrated TV sets (2002-2006)
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.