This report identifies major outsourcing strategies in use today and is designed to help companies determine the appropriate outsourcing strategy, and how to avoid the potential pitfalls.
The InterUnity Group/Computerworld Outsourcing research report ("Emerging Trends: On-shore and Off-shore Outsourcing) demonstrates a clear link between outsourcing and market leaders, as defined by corporate financial performance, including revenue size, revenue growth, profitability and market share. While cost saving is a primary driver of outsourcing, companies benefit in other ways, including freeing up internal resources and accessing world- class skills and capabilities.
The outsourcing report data was collected during April and May of 2003 utilizing an extensive online survey. More than 250 senior corporate and IT managers from mid-sized and Fortune 500 companies across 21 industries completed the questionnaire.
The questionnaire contained 75 data elements covering the following topics:
- Demographic Information covering basic contact and industry information
- Key business performance metrics
- How companies are using outsourcing and what functions are they outsourcing
- Reasons for outsourcing, onshore and off-shore
- Cost savings achieved from outsourcing, onshore and off-shore
- Level of satisfaction with outsourcing
- Barriers to and key concerns about outsourcing
- Outsourcing partner selection and evaluation criteria
- Contingency planning
- IT expense breakdown
- IT Labor allocation