The researcher traditionally concludes the year with their final report that sums up main events and tendencies of the outgoing year.
The report analyzes preliminary production results, main state decisions concerning the sector, the struggle for property, changes in export policies, and, certainly, forecasts of the sector development in the medium-term perspective.
You will find detailed answers to the following questions:
Production results of the year
- The record high oil output: leaders and outsiders in the sector
- How possible is it to grow in the repressive tax regime?
The OPEC agreement
- Will Russia observe new liabilities?
- Who will be the most affected? The gas market?
- Stagnation in production amid decline in demand and growth in exports
The Rosneft stake privatization story
- The case of selling 19.5% turns into a political earthquake
- The struggle for Bashneft, the arrest of minister Ulyukayev, the failure of a buyback plan, and the selling of the stake to a Qatari fund and Glencore for Gazprombank money – everything turned out to be a very intricately woven plot
- Who has won and who has lost? Who is behind the unexpected outcome? Is this case over?
Struggle for subsoil resources
- Distribution of licenses
- Battles for offshore deposits
- Activities of Rosgeologia
Export strategies of Russia
- Exports to Europe
- The movement towards Asia
- Growth in oil supplies to China
- Disappointed expectations, the latest fiscal surprises in 2016
- What should be expected in 2017?
Chapter 1. Production Results Of The Year
Chapter 2. Struggle For Property
Chapter 3. Struggle For Mineral Resources
Chapter 4. Looking For Taxation Balance
Chapter 5. Export Strategies Of Russia: On The Way To A New World