This report covers global wealth and wealth migration trends over the past year (2016), with projections to 2026.
- Wealth migration trends over the past year.
- Future wealth migration trends and insights.
- Wealthiest countries worldwide (W10).
- Wealthiest cities worldwide.
- Wealth inequality by country - most equal and unequal countries.
- Country and city wealth growth trends over the past year, with forecasts to 2026.
- Spending review of global HNWIs, including behavioural mapping and collectables.
- Top 2nd home hotspots for the world’s wealthy.
- Prime property index - city US$ per square meter rankings.
- Top rated hotels and destinations for the world’s wealthy.
- The rise of hotel residences and residential estates worldwide.
- Country safety index - link between safety levels and wealth growth.
- Impact of Brexit on UK wealth.
- Impact of new leadership on USA wealth.
- Global wealth migration is accelerating. Approximately 82,000 millionaires (HNWIs) migrated in 2016, compared to just 64,000 in 2015.
- For the second straight year Australia is the top country worldwide for millionaire inflows, beating out traditional destinations such as the US and the UK.
- There were approximately 13.6 million HNWIs (millionaires) in the world at the end of 2016 and worldwide HNWI wealth stood at US$69 trillion.
- Global wealth is expected to rise by 35% over the next decade (2016 – 2026).
- The top performing wealth markets are expected to be Vietnam, China, India, Mauritius and Sri Lanka.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Wealth migration trends
3 Country benchmarks
3.1 Global wealth statistics
3.2 W10: The 10 wealthiest countries worldwide
3.3 The wealthiest countries by wealth per capita
4 Country performance and trends
4.1 Historical trends
4.2 Future trends
4.3 Spotlight on Europe
4.4 Impact of new leadership on USA wealth
4.5 Impact of Brexit on UK wealth
5 Wealth inequality
5.1 Wealth inequality by country
5.2 Relationship between population density and wealth inequality
6 The wealthiest cities worldwide
6.1 World cities
6.2 Spotlight on China
6.3 Spotlight on India
7 Spending habits of global HNWIs
7.1 Behavioural mapping
7.3 Annual HNWI survey
7.4 Prime property
7.5 Hotel residences
7.6 Luxury residential estates
8 Additional findings
8.1 Second home hotspots for the super-rich
8.2 UK small towns review
8.3 Factors that encourage wealth growth
8.4 Annual safety study
9 About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: World: HNWI wealth band and group definitions
Table 2: World: Countries ranked by millionaire net inflows, 2016
Table 3: World: Countries ranked by millionaire net outflows, 2016
Table 4: World: Cities with large (1,000+) inflows of millionaires in 2016
Table 5: World: Cities with large (1,000+) outflows of millionaires in 2016
Table 6: W10: The 10 wealthiest countries in the world by total wealth held, 2016
Table 7: W10: Wealth growth by country, 2015 - 2016
Table 8: World: The 10 wealthiest countries in the world by per capita wealth, 2016
Table 9: World: Best performing wealth markets, 2015 - 2016
Table 10: World: Worst performing wealth markets, 2015 - 2016
Table 11: Europe: Wealth growth by country, 2015 - 2016
Table 12: W10: Wealth inequality by country, 2016
Table 13: World: Behavioural Mapping of HNWIs, 2016
Table 14: World: Popular classic cars for HNWIs, 2016
Table 15: World: Top rated hotels for HNWIs, 2016
Table 16: World: Top rated trains for HNWIs, 2016
Table 17: UK: Top rated hotels for HNWIs, 2016
Table 18: Middle East: Top rated hotels for HNWIs, 2016
Table 19: India: Top rated hotels for HNWIs, 2016
Table 20: World: Most popular hobbies for HNWIs, 2016
Table 21: World: Top rated fly fishing spots (rivers) for HNWIs, 2016
Table 22: World: Top 20 most expensive prime property locations worldwide, 2016
Table 23: World: Top rated hotel residences for HNWIs, 2016
Table 24: World: Top rated residential estates for HNWIs, 2016
Table 25: World: Top 20 second home hotspots for multi-millionaires, 2015- 2016
Table 26: World: Number of multi-millionaires living in each city, seasonal, 2016
Table 27: UK: Top small towns for multi-millionaires, 2015- 2016