This report covers global wealth and wealth migration trends over the past year (2016), with projections to 2026.
- Wealth migration trends over the past year (2016).
- Top 30 countries by HNWI net inflows/outflows in 2016.
- Top 25 cities by HNWI net inflows/outflows in 2016.
- Future wealth migration trends and insights.
- Impact of Brexit on wealth migration.
- Top 2nd home hotspots for the world’s wealthy.
- Most popular hotels, trains and hobbies for the world’s wealthy.
- The rise of hotel residences and residential estates worldwide.
- Global wealth migration is accelerating. Approximately 82,000 millionaires (HNWIs) migrated in 2016, compared to just 64,000 in 2015.
- For the second straight year Australia is the top country worldwide for millionaire inflows, beating out traditional destinations such as the US and the UK.
- Like Australia, Canada also performed well in 2016, boosted by large scale HNWI migration from China into Vancouver. There were also significant HNWI inflows from Europe into Toronto and Montreal (Quebec).
- Millionaire outflows from Nigeria and Turkey are expected to increase over the next few years. Both of these countries are suffering from serious political and economic problems. They are also both being negatively impacted by terrorism and religious violence.
1.1 What is this Report About?
2 Wealth migration trends
2.1 Countries with large inflows of HNWIs in 2016
2.2 Countries with large outflows of HNWIs in 2016
2.3 Country spotlights
2.4 Cities with large inflows of HNWIs in 2016
2.5 Cities with large outflows of HNWIs in 2016
2.6 Mechanisms of migration
2.7 Brexit impact on wealth migration
3 Second home hotspots for the wealthy
4 Country benchmarks
4.1 Global wealth statistics
4.2 W10: The 10 wealthiest countries worldwide
4.3 The wealthiest countries by wealth per capita
5 Country performance and trends
5.1 Historical trends
5.2 Future trends
5.3 Spotlight on Europe
6 Wealth inequality
6.1 Wealth inequality by country
6.2 Relationship between population density and wealth inequality
7 The wealthiest cities worldwide
7.1 World cities
7.2 Spotlight on China
7.3 Spotlight on India
8 Spending habits of global HNWIs
8.1 Behavioral mapping
8.3 Most popular hotels, trains and hobbies for the world’s wealthy
8.4 Prime property
8.5 The rise of hotel residences
8.6 The rise of luxury residential estates
9 Additional findings
9.1 UK small towns review
9.2 Factors that encourage wealth growth
9.3 New World Wealth’s annual safety study
9.4 Impact of Brexit on wealth creation in the UK
9.5 Impact of new US leadership on wealth creation worldwide
9.6 The immigration debate from both sides
10 About the Author
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: World: HNWI wealth band and group definitions
Table 2: World: Countries ranked by millionaire net inflows, 2016
Table 3: World: Countries ranked by millionaire net outflows, 2016
Table 4: World: Cities with large (1,000+) inflows of millionaires in 2016
Table 5: World: Cities with large (1,000+) outflows of millionaires in 2016
Table 6: World: Top 20 second home hotspots for multi-millionaires, 2015- 2016
Table 7: World: Number of multi-millionaires living in each city, seasonal, 2016
Table 8: W10: The 10 wealthiest countries in the world by total wealth held, 2016
Table 9: W10: Wealth growth by country, 2015 - 2016
Table 10: World: The 10 wealthiest countries in the world by per capita wealth, 2016
Table 11: World: Best performing wealth markets, 2015 - 2016
Table 12: World: Worst performing wealth markets, 2015 - 2016
Table 13: Europe: Wealth growth by country, 2015 - 2016
Table 14: W10: Wealth inequality by country, 2016
Table 15: World: Behavioral Mapping of HNWIs, 2016
Table 16: World: Popular classic cars for HNWIs, 2016
Table 17: World: Top rated hotels for HNWIs, 2016
Table 18: World: Top rated trains for HNWIs, 2016
Table 19: UK: Top rated hotels for HNWIs, 2016
Table 20: Middle East: Top rated hotels for HNWIs, 2016
Table 21: India: Top rated hotels for HNWIs, 2016
Table 22: World: Most popular hobbies for HNWIs, 2016
Table 23: World: Top rated fly fishing spots (rivers) for HNWIs, 2016
Table 24: World: Top 20 most expensive prime property locations worldwide, 2016
Table 25: World: Top rated hotel residences for HNWIs, 2016
Table 26: World: Top rated residential estates for HNWIs, 2016
Table 27: UK: Top small towns for multi-millionaires, 2015- 2016
- Aston Martin
- Beverley Hills Hotel
- Blue Train
- Burj Al Arab
- Danesfield House Hotel
- Eastern & Oriental Express
- Emirates Palace
- Grand Floridian
- Hotel de Paris
- Jumeirah Mina A'Salam
- Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons
- Maharajas Express
- Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental Bodrum
- Oberoi Amarvilas
- Oberoi Rajvilas
- Pride of Africa (Rovos Rail)
- Raffles Istanbul
- Ritz London
- Ritz Paris
- Taj Lake Palace
- Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Rambagh Palace
- The Bellagio
- The Breakers
- The Orient Express
- The Plaza
- Wynn Resort