• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Rauch Guide to the US Rubber Industry 2007 Edition
Grey House Publishing Inc, October 2007, Pages: 500
The second edition of the Rauch Rubber Guide provides industry structure and current market information about the $39 billion US rubber industry which faces intense inter-material competition and severe government regulation. The report contains a wealth of marketing and related technical information about the business.
- Economics. After a brief introduction, this section provides data on industry shipments; long-term growth and forecasts; prices; company performance; employment, expenditures, and productivity; transportation and geographical patterns; packaging; foreign trade; and government regulations.
- Technology and raw materials. These chapters provide market, technical, and raw material information for chemicals, equipment and related materials, including market size and leading suppliers, prices, end uses, and trends.
- Products and markets. These sections provide information for each major industry product, including market size and historical trends, leading suppliers, five-year forecasts, industry structure, and major end uses.
- Industry activities, organizations and sources of information. This chapter lists meetings, exhibits, and trade shows, sources of statistical information, trade associations, technical and professional societies, and trade and technical periodicals.
- Directory. This section profiles major industry companies, both public and private. Generally several hundred companies are analyzed. Information includes web address, estimated total and domestic sales, product description, and recent mergers and acquisitions.
- Appendixes. This section provides a cross-reference of suppliers, subsidiaries and divisions.
The Guide is divided into six chapters with 100+ tables and 30 figures within its 500 pages, providing data on information that is either widely scattered or difficult to find, therefore saving valuable time and money. It provides current market information and trends to 2008; industry economics and government regulations; company share data for each of the leading product categories; technology and raw material information; industry sources of further data; and unique profiles of 847 rubber manufacturers, a section which includes all known companies with rubber sales at or over $1 million annually.
Production and Wages
Forecast and Outlook
2 TECHNOLOGY AND RAW MATERIALS
General Purpose Rubbers
Elastomer Price Indexes
Fillers and Reinforcements
Miscellaneous Rubber Processing Agents
Global Consumption of Synthetic and Natural Rubber
3 TIRES AND INNER TUBES
Passenger car tires
Light truck tires
Medium, wide-base, heavy truck and OTR
Farm implement tires
Scrap tires and the environment
North American markets
4 FABRICATED RUBBER PRODUCTS, NON-TIRE
Rubber and plastic footwear
Rubber and plastic hoses
Wrapped fabric hose
Wire spiraled hose
Woven jacket hose
Hand built hose
Power transmission belts
Rubber gaskets and seals
Molded, extruded and lathe cut mechanical rubber goods
Molded mechanical rubber goods
Extruded mechanical rubber goods
Lathe cut mechanical rubber goods
Miscellaneous fabricated rubber products
Sponge rubber and latex foam
Rubber floor and wall coverings
Industrial rubber products
Rollers and roll coverings
Rubber coated fabrics
Rubber druggist and medical sundries
Other fabricated rubber products
Hard rubber products
Rubber thread, erasers and rubber bands
5 INDUSTRY ACTIVITIES, ORGANIZATIONS AND SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Meetings, exhibitions, and trade shows
Sources of statistical information
US production and sales
Trade associations, technical and professional societies
Trade and technical periodicals
Trade publications, scholarly journals and magazines
Trade directories and buyers guides
6 LEADING US RUBBER COMPANIES (847 companies)