Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry Outlook to 2020 - Supply, Demand, Investment, Infrastructure (Fields, Blocks, Pipelines, LNG, Refinery, Storage Assets) and Companies
- Language: English
- 120 Pages
- Published: May 2012
- Region: Nigeria
Nigeria Upstream Oil and Gas Fiscal Regime Profile:Covers Petroleum Regulations and Taxation for Explorations and Production Assets
- Global Market Direct’s Nigeria Oil and Gas Fiscal Regime Profile is an essential source for fiscal information relating to oil and gas assets in Nigeria. The report covers the petroleum fiscal environment, license terms and key fiscal terms for assets. It provides detailed descriptions of various elements of the geography’s fiscal regime. It also gives an understanding of its petroleum regulations and the framework of opportunities available to the players in the industry.
- Information on the geography’s fiscal environment, license policies and fiscal terms specific to the upstream oil and gas assets.
- Analysis of fiscal environment in terms of the governing law, licensing authority, contract type and state participation.
- The licensing terms for both exploration blocks and oil and gas fields.
- A sample calculation detailing how fiscal terms apply to a typical asset in the regime.
- Detailed information on key fiscal terms (such as rents, bonuses, royalty, cost recovery, profit oil, petroleum and corporate taxes) pertaining the geography (where applicable).
- Provides the most up to date information available relating to the geography’s fiscal regime.
- Understand the geography’s policies and fiscal terms, and their impact on contractor’s profits from upstream oil and gas assets.
- Evaluate the attractiveness of the geography for oil and gas investment in the light of government policies and the fiscal environment.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 List of Tables 4
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Introduction 5
2.1 Global Markets Direct Report Coverage 5
2.2 What Is This Report About? 5
2.3 How To Use This Report 5
3 Nigeria Petroleum Fiscal Environment 6
3.1 Governing Law 6
3.2 Licensing Authority 6
3.3 National Oil Company 6
3.4 Contract Type 6
3.5 State Participation 7
4 License terms 8
4.1 Exploration 8
4.2 Production 9
5 Key Fiscal Terms 10
5.1 Royalty 10
5.2 Bonuses 10
5.3 Rentals 11
5.4 Fees 11
5.5 Cost Recovery 11
5.6 Profit Sharing 11
5.7 Petroleum Profit Tax 12
5.8 Deductions and Depreciation 12
5.9 Investment Tax Credit 12
5.10 Withholding Tax 12
5.11 Ring Fence 12
6 sample cashflows calculations 13
7 APPENDIX 14
7.1 Methodology 14
7.2 Definitions 14
7.3 Contact Us 15
7.4 About us15
7.5 Disclaimer 15
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Nigeria, Crude Oil and Natural Gas, Exploration commitment, 2007 9
Table 2: Nigeria, Crude Oil and Natural Gas, Minimum Work Programme, 2007 9
Table 3: Nigeria, Crude Oil and Natural Gas, offshore Royalty Rate For PSC Contracts, 2007 10
Table 4: Nigeria, Crude Oil and Natural Gas, Royalty Rate For Joint Venture Contracts, 2007 10
Table 5: Nigeria, Crude Oil and Natural Gas, Profit Oil/Gas, 2007 11
Table 6: Nigeria, Crude Oil and Natural Gas, Investment tax credit, 2007 12
1.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: Nigeria, Upstream Oil & Gas Fiscal Regime (PSA), Sample Cashflows, 2005-2016 13
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)