The twenty-first edition of CSIL Research “World trade of lighting fixtures” is the result of: official figures for foreign trade; analysis of CSIL databases for lighting fixtures in Europe and worldwide; official documents concerning macroeconomic trends and sector performances for the last two years.
The Report provides an overview of the world trade of lighting fixtures, with statistical data (production, consumption, imports, exports) at worldwide level and data on the lighting fixtures industry in 66 countries selected according to their contribution to international trade of lighting fixtures.
Countries considered: Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam.
Data are provided both for the lighting fixtures sector as a whole and for the two core segments: Residential lighting and Technical lighting.
The report identifies the opportunities on the global lighting fixtures market and is a helpful tool for lighting fixtures exporters as it contains a rich collection of key country data, allowing comparisons among specific interest areas
The world production, consumption, imports and exports of lighting fixtures are broken down by geographical area (European Union 25 + Norway and Switzerland, Central-East Europe outside the EU & Russia, Asia and Pacific, Middle East and Africa, North and South America) and by High Income countries and Middle and Low Income countries.
International trade statistics (imports and exports) 2010-2015 are given by country highlighting the six major exporting and importing countries, and providing main destination countries of exports and main origin countries of imports for each of the 66 countries considered. Imports and exports data 2010-2015 are also given for lamps and trade balance data, covering the years 2010-2015, are included.
Data are provided both in USD and EUR.
Data are also available in a country format: production, consumption and trade figures for the Total, Residential and Technical lighting. Historical series (2010-2015) on lighting fixtures exports and imports, origin of imports and destination of exports, by country and by geographical area. Exports and imports breakdown by lighting fixtures and components. International trade data of lamps, 2010-2015. Economic indicators (population, area, GNP, household consumption expenditure) and real growth of GDP up to 2020. Country rankings to place all statistics in a broad worldwide context and allowing comparisons among specific interest areas.
Part I: The World Market For Lighting Fixtures
Production and consumption:
- General lighting in 66 countries. Activity trend 2010-2015. Lighting fixtures, lighting components, lamps
- World production and consumption of lighting fixtures: breakdown by high income countries and middle and low income countries
- Production and consumption of lighting fixtures: focus on 66 countries. Comparison with macro indicators.
World trade, focus on 66 countries:
- Six major importing/exporting countries of lighting fixtures. Imports/Exports, 2010-2015
- Overview of the lighting fixtures industry by geographical region
- Overview of the lighting fixtures industry by High Income/Middle and Low Income countries
- World trade of lighting fixtures, 2010-2015 estimated data and 2016 preliminary data
The main importing/exporting countries:
- Imports and export of lighting fixtures, 2010-2015: focus on 66 countries
- Imports/consumption and export/production ratios of lighting fixtures: focus on 66 countries
- Lighting fixtures. Main destination of exports/Main origin of imports: focus on 66 countries
- Trade balance for lighting fixtures 2010-2015: focus on 66 countries
Lighting fixtures and lamps
- Exports and imports of lamps, 2010-2015: focus on 66 countries
GDP outlook by country:
- World market. Consumption of lighting fixtures, 2010-2015 estimated data and 2016-2020 forecasts
- Real growth in GDP, 2010-2017: focus on 66 countries
Residential and Technical lighting:
- Exports and imports of residential and technical lighting: focus on 66 countries
- Production and consumption of residential and technical lighting: focus on 66 countries
Part II: Country Tables
For each of the 66 countries considered:
Statistical data of production, exports, imports and consumption for the lighting fixtures sector as a whole and for the two core segments: Residential lighting and Technical lighting. Export/production, import/consumption, production/GNP ratios and per capita consumption figures. Economic indicators: Population, Area, GNP, Per capita GNP, Household consumption expenditure, GNP and Per capita GNP at purchasing power parity. Real growth of GDP, 2013-2020. Exports and imports of lighting fixtures by country and by geographical area, 2010-2015. Exports and imports breakdown by lighting fixtures and components. Exports and imports of lamps, 2010-2015
World consumption of lighting fixtures was estimated to be worth about US$ 88 billion (EUR 79 billion) for the year 2015, with a 0.4% increase compared to the previous year. Average yearly market growth since 2010 has been around 5%. A further yearly growth by around 4.2% (in US$) can be expected for the coming five years. A double digit import growth for lighting fixtures has been registered, both in 2015 and as an average during 2010-2015, by India, South Korea, Vietnam, Malaysia, Taiwan, Kuwait, Egypt. Apart from China, also Canada and Poland register a strong growth for export, both in the short and medium term.
2017 growth will be driven by general demand in Asia Pacific (India, Indonesia) as well as new innovative solutions available for the most affluent markets (United States and Europe). China is the leading country of origin of imports for 54 out of the 66 major countries, frequently with shares in excess of 40%-50% (64% in the United States, 71% in Japan, 60% in the United Kingdom, 52% in Germany). A relevant net export is also shown by Mexico, Italy, Taiwan, South Korea, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria.