- Language: English
- 71 Pages
- Published: June 2012
- Region: Brazil
Milwaukee, WI Market Overview
- Published: September 2011
- Region: United States
- HealthLeaders Interstudy
Dominant health system Aurora Health Care’s two new hospitals in Milwaukee’s affluent suburbs have saturated the market, resulting in low admissions and layoffs for both Aurora and its competitors. Health systems are forming accountable care organizations and innovative new cost-saving models that could benefit large employers the most. These new models could also shift the power balance to healthcare systems in contract negotiations and affect pharma by emphasizing use of the most cost-effective drugs. At the same time, a new governmental administration is bringing major changes to state programs that include Medicaid and the healthcare plan for state employees.
Questions answered in this report:
- Aurora Health Care remains the 800-pound gorilla of Milwaukee healthcare. Which local systems are developing ACOs? How are local health systems doing financially? Which hospitals were affected most by Aurora’s expansions in Summit and Grafton?
- Milwaukee physicians have plenty of career opportunities in this consolidating market. Which physician practices have been acquired by major health systems? Are any medical groups participating in ACOs or offering patient-centered medical homes? Are retail clinics much of a factor here?
- No insurers come close to the market share held by UnitedHealth Group. Which major employer contract did UnitedHealth recently secure? How will the Humana provider network offered to Business Health Care Group of Southeastern Wisconsin change in 2012? How are benefits changing for state employees?
- Key market indicators and leading organizations among health systems, physicians and health plans
- Health systems’ market share
- Income, revenue, enrollment and pharmacy spend for leading health plans
- Milwaukee, which includes Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Washington, and Waukesha counties
- Analysis of HealthLeaders-InterStudy data, Billian’s HealthDATA, local and state news and industry reports and interviews with local healthcare executives SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Aurora Health Care
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare
- Froedtert Health
- Aurora Medical Group
- Medical College Physicians/Children’s Specialty Group
- Independent Physicians Network
- Waukesha Elmbrook Health Care
- Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group
- UnitedHealth Group
- WellPoint (Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Wisconsin)
- Business Health Care Group of Southeastern Wisconsin
- WisconsinRx/National CooperativeRx
- Well City Milwaukee