- Language: English
- 1113 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
Sacramento, CA Market Overview
- Published: October 2011
- Region: Global
- HealthLeaders Interstudy
The innovativeness of the Sacramento market positions large health systems and physician groups well for the demands of healthcare reform. Major initiatives in the region are being shaped by large health systems and physician groups who wield considerable influence throughout the market. Small physician groups, meanwhile, could feel increased pressure to join larger organizations. Sutter Emergency Medical Associates recently joined CEP America, a national physician management company and one of three such organizations with a presence in the region. Meanwhile health plans in the Sacramento market are using a variety of strategies to control costs, including ACOs, value-based purchasing, pay-for-performance programs and narrow networks.
Questions answered in this report:
Despite a still-struggling local economy, health systems in the Sacramento market continue to expand facilities and services. Which health systems in the market are participating in accountable care organization pilot programs? Which health system has agreed to be the exclusive provider for a narrow-network plan being offered by Health Net? Which health system is expanding its critical care capabilities?
Each of the largest physician groups in the Sacramento is either affiliated or has a strong partnership with the market’s health systems, which should put them in a favorable position to participate in the integrated patient care delivery systems being developed in the Sacramento area. Which local physician organizations are participating in accountable care organization pilot programs? Is there a shortage of physicians in the Sacramento market? Is there a shortage of nurse practitioners?
Among the factors working in favor of managed care organizations in the Sacramento market is the willingness of providers in the market to adopt such integrated patient care initiatives, and we expect that willingness to continue. Which MCO is offering a new narrow-network health plan that includes one of the largest local health systems? Are MCOs facing additional state regulations on premium, copays, and coinsurance increases? Which MCOs are participating in a statewide gainsharing program?
- Key market indicators and leading organizations among health systems, physicians and health plans
- Health systems’ market share
- Income, revenue, enrollment and pharmacy spend for leading health plans
- Sacramento, which includes the counties of El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento and Yolo counties in California.
- Primary Research: Analysis of HealthLeaders-InterStudy data, Billian’s HealthDATA, local and state news and industry reports and interviews with local healthcare executives SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Catholic Healthcare West
- Kaiser Permanente
- Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region
- The Permanente Medical Group
- Sutter Physicians Alliance
- UC Davis Medical Group
- Hill Physicians
- CHW Medical Foundation
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan
- WellPoint (Anthem Blue Cross)
- Blue Shield of California
- California Public Employees’ Retirement System
- Pacific Group on Health
- California Health Care Coalition